The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

CCW wheels

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anyone here thought of running CCWs or are they too "bling?" (In terms of cost, not look I think the CCW classics with the black centers looks awfully old school/90s)

Those Classics are going to be a PITA to clean. I like the C10 a lot and several guys I've met tracking my car drive C6 Z06's and run these wheels. If I was going to order custom track wheels I'd order C10's in 18x9.5 and 18x11.

http://www.ccwheel.com/wheelprofiles-display.php?id=C10

As far as cost price Forgeline or HRE wheels and then the CCW's will look affordable. ;)

P1020573.jpg

JScheier

Too Hot for the Boss!
I ran the CCW Classics on my E36 M3 for many years (~ 8 years) in SCCA auto-x, SCCA Time Trials, NASA Time Trials and too-many-to-list lapping days and road trips. I had the anodized black centers. Really no issue keeping them clean as long as I got the brake dust off of them before they got wet. The black does fade with heat (turns kinda purple-ish). Sold them last year for $1400 (that's after 8 years of use!).

Positives: Strong, strong, re-buildable, excellent company that truly stands behind their product (John rocks!)

Negatives: lighter solutions out there now, have been known to leak from the barrel seam meaning a time consuming R&R + fun with RTV. Have had issues with brake cooling on some cars due to the lack of openings for airflow (I never had this issue)

I've been looking at a set for my car to go along with the D-Force wheels (which I also ran on my M3 for many years).

TMO Supporting Vendors