The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Centerforce DYAD installed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin said:
Well I put it in neutral and held in the clutch yesterday and revved it over and over than I heard a little clunk. Now its reasonable. Softer than stock. A lot more bitey. Harder to get into first and second now for some reason.

I will just send that new one summit sent back. I don't want to pull this thing apart again. Getting the h pipe to not leak at the cat junction was a there day trail and error. What a pain. This clutch better not sick to the floor ever lol.
I'd hold onto that clutch for another week or two just to make sure your completely happy with the one you have. I'm sure they won't mind.

Hate to say it but I would say pull it and put the new one in if you are having any issues I know it sucks to do but you will be happy if it works perfect. Sorry to hear the fun you are going through.

Sesshomurai

jeepinocala said:
Hate to say it but I would say pull it and put the new one in if you are having any issues I know it sucks to do but you will be happy if it works perfect. Sorry to hear the fun you are going through.

Agree. Because after you hit the strip you may find something and they may not ve so quick to send another one back.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
well I have 2400 miles on the clutch now. its very close to stock grabbing. takes a little bit more finesse but once you learn it its not that bad at all. my major complaint is it makes a hell of a noise when the clutch is depressed. sounds like a a rattle in the motor. I never did install the new clutch that summit sent me. going through some things in my life right now and havent been into the car thing at all.

would I buy it again.....maybe other than the noise it makes it grabs and grabs hard. and doesnt stick to the floor at redline shifts. the pedal gets lighter the higher the rpms get. I will wait to see how it performs at the track.

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything
Was looking on the back of milk cartons for a missing Boss owner, drives insanely shiny PW '12 Boss, empty pockets from spending every cent on the car...

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
Thanks guys. I would love nothing more to have her back but I dont think I could ever trust her again. For now I am just taking it day to day.

TMO Supporting Vendors