The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Central and Southern Florida Boss Owners Track Event

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I’m proposing an all central and southern Florida Boss owners get together the weekend of May 26 – 27 at Sebring International Raceway, Sebring, FL.

Track Guys will be hosting their 10th Annual Sebring Sensation event that weekend.

This started out as a Special Vehicle Team of America (SVTOA) event and after SVT exited it became known as Camp Steeda. So you will see all kinds of Ford powered vehicles on track, there are other makes but this is known as the biggest Ford track event in Florida.

It’s usually covered by Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords magazine they also have in the past had magazine cars at this event. Last year if memory serves me they had the white SN95 with the transplanted Coyote motor and rumor has it they will be debuting a project car at this year’s event.

For more info try this link to the Track Guys website. http://www.trackguys.com/

Let me know what you all think!

For people that don't run they also have a small car corral set up.

Smitty, have you ever run Sebring before (in any type of car)? It is a fun track and I am very lucky to have it right next door. Maybe Rich with 302S #1 will drop by, he flies around that track.

Last year, very few Bosses were out yet.
CIMG1360.png
CIMG1365.jpg

2012YellowBoss said:
Smitty, have you ever run Sebring before (in any type of car)? It is a fun track and I am very lucky to have it right next door. Maybe Rich with 302S #1 will drop by, he flies around that track.

No, I've never even seen the track. The guys in the other Ss told me about this event. I've seen Rich's video at Sebring, do you know him? Even if he doesn't bring his car, if he's there I'd love for him to show me the track in my car.

smittytx said:
No, I've never even seen the track. The guys in the other Ss told me about this event. I've seen Rich's video at Sebring, do you know him? Even if he doesn't bring his car, if he's there I'd love for him to show me the track in my car.

It takes a little getting use to but I was a very new to this my first time there. After a few laps I think you will be doing great, it is just a matter of remembering where the hell you are.

Yes, I have had the pleasure of meeting Rich, super nice guy and very humble about his driving but he is good. I don't think Rich will run the event and unless he is off racing he may drop by. I know he has helped out others down here so there is a chance he could take a ride with you. Part of that also depends on Trackguys rules, not sure how that goes. In the mean time study his films, 217.5 :eek: in January, I have been watching them over and over, however I still can't figure out where my missing 20 seconds can be found ???

Do you know if there is anything else going on at the track that weekend? I'm planning on getting there Thurs night and leaving Monday or Tues. depending on if anything is going on for the Memorial Day weekend.

I actually looked that up for you a few days ago but did not find anything there until two weeks after - CHIN July 9 and 10 at Sebring.

NASA has an event the week before at Homestead May 19-20.

http://www.trackweekend.com/events/43156792/

Well that sucks! Memorial weekend and they are only driving 2 days at Sebring? It's a tough call, VIR is the same drive time and they have an extra driving day on the same weekend, SVT Superfest. Hmmm...

Smitty, if you could leave the car or stay one week PBOC has a two day event the weekend before.

Doug, how many runs at the Trackguys Sebring? I could not find the schedule even after I signed up and paid.

I feel your pain, not sure if I would go the distance myself. I do not even bother loading my car and crap for Sebring (one - two hour drive) for three runs. I know I would not do it for RR or RA even if I want to try those tracks. The main reason I will do this one it because it is more like a Ford weekend, so half track and half other stuff.

It does look like three runs per day will be max. I'm not sure what your schedule is like but you can think about doing the PBOC and make a week of it.

I have not registered yet.

I would swear there are two sesssions am / two sessions pm each day.

Did you find the schedule?

Doug

P.S. I just sent Dell a note asking him.

No, just guessing by looking at other Trackguys event schedules.

I had signed up for the PCA event this month (unpaid) but they still have not posted a schedule and after weeks of asking I was told it would maybe be only three runs per day. I backed out of that one. CHIN has many dates there and combined with one ERME and the PBOC dates I should get to know that track as well as Palm Beach. Too bad Henry does not have any dates yet, one nice thing about him is he really takes good care of the "regulars".

smittytx said:
Here is the registration for Sebring.

https://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/event/event.advert/uidEvent/F31BB9AA-D5C8-E656-8AA93FB0259CC500

It looks like 2 days of driving and I sure hope it's more than three sessions per day.

From Dell,

"If nothing happens they should get 4 sessions per day of about 30 mins per session."

He also related there is a group of guys coming out of TX; Joe J. and and Wayne M. both with Boss's and 5 others...............

You guys could all get together and sing us the song "Deep in the Heart of Texas"! ;)

Boss_302 said:
"If nothing happens they should get 4 sessions per day of about 30 mins per session."

Wow, that is excellent news, I figured it would be six runs total but with eight I might yet learn my way around that track faster one of these days ;D There is a chance that I will be getting some professional instruction in the near future from a local Boss racer, that should help with the times ;D ;D

TMO Supporting Vendors