The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Ceramic coating the factory headers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Chris if you need to quiet the car down a bit I'd look into the GT500 mufflers, they are under $300 and sound great but not as loud as most aftermarket stuff--combined with the sidepipes and lack of cats, they could be the recipe for success.

captdistraction

GrumpyRacer
Phoenix, Az
Yeah, there's a set on sale here in the classified ads.

The only downside is one created by magnaflow. The muffler to over-axle pipes uses the older style slip fit connection from the 05-10 cars. So I'd need to get a set of over-axle pipes.

However, gameplan is to play it by ear, and if I have any hearing left when we're done, then I'll move forward on trades or purchases.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
CaliMR said:
Which ones are you talking about? I'm about 75% sure on the Loudmouths but would like to hear other options. I'm also considering the RTR spoiler, as I don't really like pedestal spoilers on street cars.
I am talking about these ones. they would be easy to cut the magnaflow axle tubes and install them.
http://www.slponline.com/view_product_site.asp?P=310301306&BIG=310301306-2

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
captdistraction said:
Yeah, there's a set on sale here in the classified ads.

The only downside is one created by magnaflow. The muffler to over-axle pipes uses the older style slip fit connection from the 05-10 cars. So I'd need to get a set of over-axle pipes.

However, gameplan is to play it by ear, and if I have any hearing left when we're done, then I'll move forward on trades or purchases.
my cousin had to quite his car down big time when he went with a catless x and long tube headers. the gt500's werent enough alone he installed the slp's mid stream and the car sounds wicked now.

captdistraction said:
gotcha. That's something I'll seriously consider
I didn't think I'd ever ask a Mustang owner this but do you still have your stock GT mufflers? :D

Sesshomurai

Hi,
I want to wrap a forthcoming set of longtubes. Can you post a brief HOWTO on how you did yours? They look great. Just looking for a few tips on the process so I don't f*ck it up.

thanks!

TMO Supporting Vendors