The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

CGE Rear Seat Delete

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Has anyone used the CGE Rear Seat Delete kit and if so, please let me know your opinion/satisfaction with it?? Thanks.

Tulsa, OK
Haven't heard of the CGE delete. Can you post a link? Several of us on here are using the Schrader Performance delete from rearseatdelete.com.

CGEMotorsports.com. I see their kit on e-bay also when I key a search for a rear seat delete. $129.00 on e-bay.

I looked one up on eBay to make sure I was responding to the correct kit, sure enough it is and the pictures used in the ad is my car. The pics were lifted off here or TMS when I did this.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/05-13-FORD-MUSTANG-GT-V6-COUPE-REAR-SEAT-DELETE-KIT-05-06-07-08-09-10-11-12-13-/111118973968?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item19df34fc10&vxp=mtr

Anyway it funny they used my pics since I left a negative for them when I bought the kit. They listed a kit and a "Show" kit that was a few dollars more. The pictures of the show kit had no fasteners showing and was different in other ways, can't remember it all. When I got the kit, it looked just like the non-show kit offered. I questioned them about this and they told me all kits were the same and the pictures were of a customer's car that modified his to look better. This was not mentioned in the ad. They said the the word "Show" was used because people take their cars to shows, I'm not kidding.

Anyway, it is pretty cheap and better kits can be found for a little more. I think Gary has been happy with his. I plan to use sheet metal or aluminum to close off mine in the near future at the race shop. This one comes apart at speed, in other words the push pins pull out and the pieces come completely loose.

YellowBoss said:
I looked one up on eBay to make sure I was responding to the correct kit, sure enough it is and the pictures used in the ad is my car. The pics were lifted off here or TMS when I did this.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/05-13-FORD-MUSTANG-GT-V6-COUPE-REAR-SEAT-DELETE-KIT-05-06-07-08-09-10-11-12-13-/111118973968?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item19df34fc10&vxp=mtr

Anyway it funny they used my pics since I left a negative for them when I bought the kit. They listed a kit and a "Show" kit that was a few dollars more. The pictures of the show kit had no fasteners showing and was different in other ways, can't remember it all. When I got the kit, it looked just like the non-show kit offered. I questioned them about this and they told me all kits were the same and the pictures were of a customer's car that modified his to look better. This was not mentioned in the ad. They said the the word "Show" was used because people take their cars to shows, I'm not kidding.

Anyway, it is pretty cheap and better kits can be found for a little more. I think Gary has been happy with his. I plan to use sheet metal or aluminum to close off mine in the near future at the race shop. This one comes apart at speed, in other words the push pins pull out and the pieces come completely loose.
I have the Schrader Performance rearseatdelete.com kit. Very happy with it. It's inexpensive, durable and looks good. I've had probably 30 track days with it at speeds up to 152 mph and it doesn't go anywhere with windows down.

Thanks a bunch guys. That's what I needed to know. I was not aware of the Schrader kit, but will be going that route.

TMO Supporting Vendors