The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Challenge coin

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rpm3dinc said:
Here is another Idea i came up with... its a little more complex, but I still think its doable (Depending on the producer of the coins we choose).

BOSSCOINS2.jpg

Nice!

minor question - I know I have old eyes, but does the Boss on the left have the LS splitter, but not the LS wheels or hood non-paint scheme?

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Fiddler49 said:

In the 80s challenge coins were given by the unit commander, usually division commanders as a reward to soldiers who stood out from the rest. Example, in the 82nd you could challenge the division commander to a physical fitness test. If you tied or beat him, you received a coin. Coin was redeemable for 3-4 day pass.

Now all you need to possess a challenge coin is to buy one. Oh well, another tradition shot in the back side.

GB899

NO REGRETS
Nebraska
I did a bit of google searching out there... a bunch of companies out there...
looks like a big variety of prices and minimum quantities...
but should be possible for less than $10...

http://www.customcoinsyourway.com/
was just one of many...

I still think this is a great idea...
any update on possible cost or schedule? less than 5 months til christmas..

long way for a bump... lol

GB899

NO REGRETS
Nebraska
rpm3dinc said:
You guys pick a company and I will provide the design...
probably not the coin company so much as who gets the hassle of paying for it up front...
then collecting the money and distributing the R.M.O.'s...

I haven't done retail since high school... been a long time...
will probably need to create a pay first prior to order...
tough to get people to pay and wait - even though some of us did for the boss..

I will go first... let me know where to send money... I am in, but not in charge... sorry

I know I'm late to the party, but would it look more balanced on the side with the cars to have 'Boss' above the cars and '302' below them?

I think I also might do '1969/1970 - 2012/2013' on the flip side.

TMO Supporting Vendors