The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Challenge coin

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I was looking at a fellow Boss owner's web site who can make us some Boss challenge coins for all of you Vet's who know what those are. I think that would be something that would be pretty cool. Just need to figure out if we could do it without infringing on Ford patents or trademarks. NSDQ.

Its kinda a sticky area... With Low-production T-Shirts and Posters and such Ford isn't going to waste their time for the most part... Not to mention I am not entirely sure "BOSS 302" is Trademarked. If it was, then we would all be in trouble, not only for license plates, and other "small items", but for taking a photo of our own cars and selling them or "Giving them away"... (Technically, Ford owns the "Sheet-Metal Likeness" of their cars)... So if you took a photo of your car, and sold it to a "Stock Photo Company" or a Movie Studio, you could get in serious trouble.

That is why with 99% of the stuff I do, I use "Creative License", I change things, or modify things...

Even with the "Custom Posters", I am basically selling the "Design", not the photos, because they are of "Your Own Personal Cars"...

Also why on the Identity Plates I don't have the Ford Logo anywhere....

Doesn't mean I can't get a call from Ford... But I am doing this stuff for the "MASSES", only for BOSS Owners...

As far as the Challenge Coins go, I would need to design something up, and get a quote from my production company as to how much it would be... The Coin would 1 design for the front and back... as its expensive to make the "Press-Die" for these things...

It could be something that we can simply do those "Plastic-Coins" that companies do all the time, Like "Poker Chips or something"... A lot less expensive to produce... but not the same "Coin Quality".

drano38

Wayne
This is a great idea, and I'll buy an RMO or 2 if someone makes them, to add to my collection.
Suggested design idea--put the Service seals on one side (but may get too crowded and not fit with sufficient detail), and put a Boss on the other.
Maybe even a blank spot on the Boss side for us to have a local engraver add our production number--like my last promotion RMO has my line number on it.
Hopefully enough of us will commit to make the setup fees workable.
During my Y2K deployment, I designed and made one, and used a company near Oklahoma City (maybe in Midwest City) for a reasonable setup and production fee.

drano38

Wayne
Yes, we have a winner! ;)
Anyone using the 4-letter "C" word within earshot of an Air Force fighter or bomber pilot will be buying a round of beer.
Of course, there's about 69 other rules that will cost you a round of beers if you're not careful.

drano38 said:
Yes, we have a winner! ;)
Anyone using the 4-letter "C" word within earshot of an Air Force fighter or bomber pilot will be buying a round of beer.
Of course, there's about 69 other rules that will cost you a round of beers if you're not careful.

Yeah, like saying "That was a good commercial" about any AFN commercial!

The only thing I don't get about having a challenge coin is that most people who have bought their Boss will have the key chain that came with the owners kit. But it would still be a cool idea, then again, how do you make sure only Boss owners get them?

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
Brandon302 said:
The only thing I don't get about having a challenge coin is that most people who have bought their Boss will have the key chain that came with the owners kit. But it would still be a cool idea, then again, how do you make sure only Boss owners get them?

Lowest key chain wins! In the event of the '12 and '13 owners both being present, the more rare color wins (CO wins automatically, being a Boss only color ;) ) or LS trumps street Boss.

I will work on a design or 2 and see what you all think..

If Copstang can get them that cheap, then I say we go that route... The coins I had made are great looking, but simply way to expensive to have produced per 100.

I'll design it though if you all want

ufnavy06 said:
Lowest key chain wins! In the event of the '12 and '13 owners both being present, the more rare color wins (CO wins automatically, being a Boss only color ;) ) or LS trumps street Boss.
Sounds like you have thought a little about this, ha.

I will be working on a couple of designs in the next few days to see what I can come up with...

Does anyone have the FINAL Build Numbers for 2012 and 2013?

Ie: 2012 Total BOSS Builds (4,500), etc..

What other info would you like to see on the coin?

Keep in mind most Challenge Coins are 2" in diameter so there is not a large amount of space...

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
Boss logo one side like c stripe for the 12's and hockey for the 13's color specific background if possible. The back like #xxxx one of xxxx white bosses made something like that.

TMO Supporting Vendors