The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

cheap easy adaptor to bleed clutch

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
I had to bleed the clutch line on my car after re installing the trans mission. well the other week I was at meijer (think wal-mart) and there in the hardware section was a door stopper to keep a door knob from going through the drywall. looked to be the perfect size for the mighty vac and brake resevor. for 1.17 I gave it a shot. took of the double sided tape and drilled a 1/4" hole in the middle. works perfectly!!!! here is what it looks like
10246712_778081142224459_872739230301334941_n.jpg

Good find.
So basically you fill the system with fluid - top off the reservoir with your *adapter* and apply vacuum, from the top?
Do you pump the clutch pedal while maintaining vacuum?
Do you leave the system under vacuum overnight or just during a short period of time?
THX

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
I pump the clutch with vacuum. Let it sit for 10 mins. Let off the vacuum then try the pedal. Do that about three to four times

TMO Supporting Vendors