The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Cheap Splitter Tunnels?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hey all, I don't have the PP belly pan, so no tunnels for the brakes. Looking to add Vorshlag brake deflectors and was thinking if I could rivet a tunnel into my belly pan on each side lined up with the delfectors I could avoid running ducting from the bumper into the wheel wells. I'm looking to keep it cheap, otherwise AJ's carbon tunnels would be perfect. Searching for basically a plastic version of his tunnels, and didn't come up with much. Found the below linked NACA ducts on Pegasus, and was wondering if I just opened up the back where the two hose outlets are, would one expect that to work reasonably well as a tunnel for this application? Any thoughts welcome!

Yeah that’s my current plan. Though I get limited time to work on the car and also don’t know how many more times my bumper tabs can take removal so if I can do easy tunnels I’ll do that.

For the inlets in the fog light area any particular inlets you’re considering? I’d also want that to look clean if go that route. Was hoping for 4” inlet and hose and see few 4” inlets that look good.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
Hey all, I don't have the PP belly pan, so no tunnels for the brakes. Looking to add Vorshlag brake deflectors and was thinking if I could rivet a tunnel into my belly pan on each side lined up with the delfectors I could avoid running ducting from the bumper into the wheel wells. I'm looking to keep it cheap, otherwise AJ's carbon tunnels would be perfect. Searching for basically a plastic version of his tunnels, and didn't come up with much. Found the below linked NACA ducts on Pegasus, and was wondering if I just opened up the back where the two hose outlets are, would one expect that to work reasonably well as a tunnel for this application? Any thoughts welcome!

Monaca Pa
Yeah that’s my current plan. Though I get limited time to work on the car and also don’t know how many more times my bumper tabs can take removal so if I can do easy tunnels I’ll do that.

For the inlets in the fog light area any particular inlets you’re considering? I’d also want that to look clean if go that route. Was hoping for 4” inlet and hose and see few 4” inlets that look good.
I started to make my own brake duct from LOWES 3” PVC male adapter started with white one then found the black ones. Ran out of time so I will finish it tomorrow. Here are some pics.B90FEE87-58D3-4914-B909-85B96EC14E96.jpeg0B32296B-2A8D-44DC-8837-F109F86B340F.jpeg584A5220-3D11-40D4-931D-E779E0204B9D.jpegFED00944-D78B-45BB-B43F-C77EBE95A26D.jpeg

Monaca Pa
I am up to this point . It fits behind the fender well. I Will trim flush if it interferes with wheel. Now on the right side I will remove windshield washer container since I have never used it. Still has original fluid since new.8403BC00-81F7-4669-9D69-0A64D95044DA.jpeg3EA3415C-C699-41B5-9AA7-93FAFEFA55C1.jpegD5C3E703-A041-4248-9807-F092CD8FED7B.jpeg

Before you ditch that washer bottle...check out this vid, around 1:50 there are some shots of trucks under heavy braking, the white stuff you see coming from the tire area is steam, they are using water the help cool the brakes...it also works well for intercoolers, rads and misc stuff, just don't leave any liquids on the track.

EIGHTLUG

https://www.archetyperacing.com
Supporting Vendor
Here in a couple of weeks, I'll be carbon/nylon 3D printing front splitter tunnels for the newest splitters for the 991/1 GT3, C7 Z06, and Gen 5 Viper. It's possible that one of those designs could cross over to your application. I'll share some pics and dimensions, once it all gets going and we can see how they'd fit up.

I setup (test/tuned) a new printer on NYE and I've been printing the parts for the CORSAIR quick release brackets and this thing is printing amazingly well.

image_50378753.JPG

EIGHTLUG

https://www.archetyperacing.com
Supporting Vendor
Here in a couple of weeks, I'll be carbon/nylon 3D printing front splitter tunnels for the newest splitters for the 991/1 GT3, C7 Z06, and Gen 5 Viper. It's possible that one of those designs could cross over to your application. I'll share some pics and dimensions, once it all gets going and we can see how they'd fit up.

I setup (test/tuned) a new printer on NYE and I've been printing the parts for the CORSAIR quick release brackets and this thing is printing amazingly well.

View attachment 60917

TMO Supporting Vendors