The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Check fuel fill inlet message

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Just recently got a few "check fuel fill inlet" messages when I start the car up. When I took it in to the dealer for service they could not duplicate the message and diagnostic test was OK. Found that it appears only when i start the car using the red key. It does not happen every time and actually seems to be happening less the more I have been driving it. I was told by the dealer that since the car was parked in the garage all winter a spider may have set up shop in the inlet and it might be a cobweb, but that doesn't explain why it only happened when I used the redkey?? It clears right off the screen after I touch the "OK" button and doesn't come back, but just curious if anyone else has seen this?

I got that for a while after the dealer replaced the fuel gauge sender module in my tank. Hmm, that was also the service visit they programmed my Trackey. ??? It did go away after a few days. Maybe just one of those "waking from hibernation" things? ;)

BLAZN BOSS

cbj5259 said:
Just recently got a few "check fuel fill inlet" messages when I start the car up. When I took it in to the dealer for service they could not duplicate the message and diagnostic test was OK. Found that it appears only when i start the car using the red key. It does not happen every time and actually seems to be happening less the more I have been driving it. I was told by the dealer that since the car was parked in the garage all winter a spider may have set up shop in the inlet and it might be a cobweb, but that doesn't explain why it only happened when I used the redkey?? It clears right off the screen after I touch the "OK" button and doesn't come back, but just curious if anyone else has seen this?
you actually kept a straight face?

BLAZN BOSS said:
you actually kept a straight face?

Yeah...not knowing wear the sensor actually is I thought is might be plausible... But thinking back now it does seem a tad ridiculous. The last two drives i havent gotten the message so maybe the spider is dead...lol.

cbj5259 said:
Yeah...not knowing wear the sensor actually is I thought is might be plausible... But thinking back now it does seem a tad ridiculous. The last two drives i havent gotten the message so maybe the spider is dead...lol.
Well I had a curious one today too. I pulled the GT500 out of storage finally and got a "Low Fuel" warning in the message center but not the yellow fuel light in the gauge. The tank showed "E" even though I put it in storage with a full tank. I shut it off and restarted it and the fuel gauge moved to the "F" position and no message in the message center. However I did get a CEL and when I checked the code it was a P0463 Fuel Level Sensor Circuit High Input. I cleared it and it hasn't come back yet. Odd that we both had "similar" CELs pulling them out of storage. Hopefully it doesn't come back, but if it does looks like it's a fuel pump sender which supposedly has about the same life as the fuel pump :-\

TMO Supporting Vendors