The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Check out this GT3 Mustang

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raced out of Belgium..

Marc VDS' first car, chassis number MVDS001/001, was built by the Team's project partner, Multimatic in Canada, before being shipped to the UK. It underwent a successful initial shakedown test at Ford's European test facility near Luton, Bedfordshire. De Doncker and Maxwell will race the #98 Ford Mustang Marc VDS GT3, while the drivers for the #99 car will be announced by the Team shortly

Article: http://www.carguychronicles.com/2010/03/mustang-fia-gt3-runs-with-big-doggies.html

I love the bodywork on this..especially the little things like the rear of the fenders being flared (I built a kart body like that, that ended up winning Daytona back in the 90s it had the fenderwells similar to this car) the wraparound for the forward part of the fenders and the exhaust outlets...little stuff.

MustangGT3small_zps8c8e6ad6.jpg

That is BAD A$$. 8)

How is this better? The linkage has to be routed that way and all the heat from the car ends up there to. I guess separating the tranny from the engine could make a big difference cooling now that I think about it. Interesting. I always thought a transaxle was no dif, just cv joints but I guess if you break the word down " transmission axle " makes sense. I'm sure it's got an IRS. :)

racered302 said:
How is this better? The linkage has to be routed that way and all the heat from the car ends up there to. I guess separating the tranny from the engine could make a big difference cooling now that I think about it. Interesting. I always thought a transaxle was no dif, just cv joints but I guess if you break the word down " transmission axle " makes sense. I'm sure it's got an IRS. :)

It's most likely a sequential, hydraulically shifted box, which makes the linkage pretty easy and the big advantage is it moves the weight to the rear of the car. Heat is probably not the issues in either case, these guys run massive trans and diff coolers. Some of these use a hydraulic shifting mechanism that "forces" the box into the next gear with fluid pressure. Usually the box will have a center main shaft and odd gears on the left side, even on the right (kind of like an artsy fartsy Jerico) this way the pressure on the box through the drive shaft does not have to be interrupted for the shift. (cheap too! ::) )

http://www.hewland.com/svga/tmt.html

TMO Supporting Vendors