The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Check you’re splitter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

97250BE1-E505-4F0B-9056-68C45AE99D99.jpeg
Had a Track day at Barber today. Typically I would have taken the old car but I had some issues getting it to start. Long story but in the end it wasn’t ready to go. So I pressed the GT350 into service for its first track day. Everything was going great until the last session of the day. I’m getting a better feel for the car and starting to push a bit harder. Next thing I know I’m being shown the black flag. I had no idea what it was about. I hadn’t dropped a wheel and was trying to be on my best manners. As I entered pit in I heard a strange rubbing noise. Turns out the front of the splitter let loose. It managed to grind away a lot of it before they flagged me. Once I took it off it looks like the dealer didn’t install all the fasteners. Wondering if Ford will cover this. Anyone have experience with this?

Last edited:
DFW, TX
There's been a thread on the 6G forum with the same title for two years. Pretty common PDI mistake along with keeping the spring rubbers in the R models.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Unfortunately it seems to be a somewhat common issue with GT350s. However, it is not the result of any design flaw on Fords part. It is a result of poor workmanship and attention to detail by the tech installing the parts. The front splitter is shipped to the dealer in the trunk of the car and installed at the dealer.

I learned of this after I bought my car and found the same issue. ALL of the screws on the inside of the splitter were left out and none of the tabs on the center piece were fully inserted. Luckily I caught it before the first track day.

Sorry to see that but you are not alone. Sad that dealers still can't get the splitter installed correctly. Hopefully your dealer takes care of this with no questions asked. Good luck.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel