The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Checking in

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TechJunky

2012 BOSS 302 #1942
Picked up # 1942 before Christmas. It is Kona Blue 500a with option 1 and 2. I have to pinch myself every time I step into the garage. Dealers around here were marking these up 6 to 8 grand a week after I started looking. Found a dealer that would give me a fair deal so I pulled the trigger. It is my daily driver and will use it for PDXs and autoX. I'll find something cheap later for hauling the other toys and dogs. For now just enjoying the skinny pedal.

Been looking around a few weeks for a forum with good people and good information. Bossmustangsonline look like the best so far.

Planned mods:
SYNC
Track day wheels and tires.

What else does this awesome machine need?

TechJunky said:
Been looking around a few weeks for a forum with good people and good information. Bossmustangsonline look like the best so far.

Congrats on your Boss, I think we all feel the same. This is the best Boss forum for sure. While there are many Boss owners at TMS and some good info, I still like it better here ;D

The car is very well setup but browse through the Technical or Racing Forum here for some ideas on modding the car.

Georgia
TechJunky said:
Picked up # 1942 before Christmas. It is Kona Blue 500a with option 1 and 2. I have to pinch myself every time I step into the garage. Dealers around here were marking these up 6 to 8 grand a week after I started looking. Found a dealer that would give me a fair deal so I pulled the trigger.

Which dealer did you get it from? I noticed several around Atlanta/Columbus have KB cars available over the past 2 months. I picked mine up at Loganville Ford for MSRP (had it ordered since March).

TechJunky said:
Picked up # 1942 before Christmas. It is Kona Blue 500a with option 1 and 2. I have to pinch myself every time I step into the garage. Dealers around here were marking these up 6 to 8 grand a week after I started looking. Found a dealer that would give me a fair deal so I pulled the trigger. It is my daily driver and will use it for PDXs and autoX. I'll find something cheap later for hauling the other toys and dogs. For now just enjoying the skinny pedal.

Planned mods:
SYNC

Congrats on your new Boss. Enjoy it.

Remove the side exhaust restrictor plates, or enlarge the holes. Disable or disconnect the 'Skip-shift solenoid. I also removed my 'Sound tube' under the hood.

TechJunky

2012 BOSS 302 #1942
Team Ford of Marietta.

They had three Bosses, White, Silver LS (can be found on ebay) and an Orange (They bought off another dealer). Along with a wide selection of Cobras. PM me for referral info if you go in there.

The only other KB I know of was at Stone Mtn. They were not nice about the markup.

bluemax said:
TechJunky said:
Picked up # 1942 before Christmas. It is Kona Blue 500a with option 1 and 2. I have to pinch myself every time I step into the garage. Dealers around here were marking these up 6 to 8 grand a week after I started looking. Found a dealer that would give me a fair deal so I pulled the trigger.

Which dealer did you get it from? I noticed several around Atlanta/Columbus have KB cars available over the past 2 months. I picked mine up at Loganville Ford for MSRP (had it ordered since March).

TechJunky

2012 BOSS 302 #1942
aircare84 said:
TechJunky said:

Planned mods:
SYNC

Congrats on your new Boss. Enjoy it.

Remove the side exhaust restrictor plates, or enlarge the holes. Disable or disconnect the 'Skip-shift solenoid. I also removed my 'Sound tube' under the hood.

Thanks!!!

Georgia
TechJunky said:
Team Ford of Marietta.

Sandy Springs has a KB on eBay as well as RiverTown down in Columbus. Gene Evans has/had one back in December when mine arrived. I waited 9 months for mine, then they started popping up everywhere.

GA
Team Ford of Marietta is the sister dealership to Gene Evans Ford in Union City. The Gene Evans guys will treat you right - they have been my dealer for about 4 years now. I could have gotten that KB for sticker now, but I did the "sensible" thing and bought a BBP GT instead and get the 0% and X-plan during the summer. They sent someone up to Greene Ford in Gainsville to drive it down to Union City since they had the one I wanted.

TMO Supporting Vendors