The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Chin Track Days

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boone

Professional Thread Killer
Thanks for the feedback. I can see how the opinions above could come about for we Mustangers. Duane drives a 6 banger automatic faster than 90% of the GT350 owners could lap their cars. A new group with a bunch of high dollar rides like Chin wouldn't know his ability, and he gets an asshat for an instructor that exacerbates the problem. Bad experience.

I'm sure I'll see a little bit of the Mustang prejudice as I attend tracks for the first time. I'll just keep it where it's mowed, try to develop a relationship with my instructor (which I'd like to have for my first session at a new track), and pass a bunch of cars that 3V mustangs aren't supposed to pass.

Those "likes" are still flowing for anyone else interested. Big prizes ahead.

j3st3r

Brian S.
Tennessee
Boone, If you make it out to Barber, Road Atlanta, AMP, NCM Motorsports park, are VIR, give me a shout, would be more than willing to work with you and help whenever I can

Boone

Professional Thread Killer
Absolutely. VIR is my "home" track, and Bill Foster was instrumental in getting me around there effectively. All the rest you mention I have never been to, and all are on my list. It will take a while at one track per year, but I'll take you up on your offer if it makes for a better experience.

My wife has a list of countries. I have a list of tracks. Sounds reasonable.

j3st3r

Brian S.
Tennessee
Absolutely. VIR is my "home" track, and Bill Foster was instrumental in getting me around there effectively. All the rest you mention I have never been to, and all are on my list. It will take a while at one track per year, but I'll take you up on your offer if it makes for a better experience.

My wife has a list of countries. I have a list of tracks. Sounds reasonable.

Works well as VIR is my absolute favorite track!

I’ve only had good experiences with Chin. Top notch organization. Lots of track time, etc. Like all HPDE groups, if you are using an instructor results may vary. My personal experience with their instructors has been very good. Mark W. (Corvette guy) helped me immensely at WGI, and Jade built on that.

TMO Supporting Vendors