The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Choose one for a friend

Which car to buy???

• Used GT350

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • New 2018 GT PP2

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

But a used 2017 PP and go crazy with mods.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Have some PPs incoming and I think we have a total of 6 PP2s on order , though some are sold. Feel free to call me as I requested only one be loaded , the rest are more set up for track - hence lower priced.

Bill Pemberton
Performance Sales Mgr
Woodhouse
402-677-5864

Last edited:
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Irvine, CA
How important are looks, sound, and feeling? GT350 will feel and sound more special, and look better IMO, but PP2 should be pretty close in terms of outright performance. I essentially had the same dilemma choosing between a Boss and '15-16 PP, about the same performance and price but the Boss just felt and sounded so much better and more special. I also prefer the look of the S197, especially with all the Boss details. Plus it's unique and should hold value better, same with the Shelby vs. PP2

If he can get a low mile 350 for $43000 then GT350. If not PPL2 and use the spare change for brake pads, track tires, roll bar, harnesses and a seat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have not seen a 350 advertised anywhere close to $43,000. Not even with high mileage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
PP2 can come with the exhaust upgrade , so sound is pretty similar ( we ordered that), and the nice thing is with only 1500 ( PP2s) being done , both the GT 350 or a PP2 will be rare/high demand.

My only caution would be if one finds a GT350 at 43000 why is the price below wholesale. I always find , after selling Vipers, Mustangs, Challengers, etc. for over 25 years , if it is too cheap there will be a reason. Would expect a non Track Pack 16 to be less than one with this needed option , though.

Not an easy choice whichever way your friend decides , but either will make a solid track beast.

GT350. The GT will loose 25% of its value in year one. Buying the GT350 used the instant depreciation hit has already been taken by the original owner.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
No argument that the GT will depreciate to a certain degree ( heck I own a GT 350, so I am partial), but then I ordered the PP2s basic , which Dealers seldom will do anymore since the structure for profits is to load with options. We should have at least three in the 40s, not a 50+ machine like most will be.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
Depends on your friend!

I like having new cars.

I love modding or restoring used cars.

If he's going to use it with light mods or as-is then I think the 350 makes a bit more sense.

Can't beat the value of a new pp2...

I'd have to know the guy to make a suggestion. Can't go wrong with either.

TMO Supporting Vendors