The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Chop Shop

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Austin
Picked up my AG track pack today in Houston and drove it back home to Austin. I'm going to use this thread to document my experiences with the car. I'll post some more pics this weekend with a better camera.

A few quick thoughts:

1) The AG color looks way better in person than in pictures. I'd only seen it online before I picked it up and I was actually starting to have second thoughts about not going with Magnetic but once I saw it I was so glad I didn't switch.
2) I wish the steering wheel was a little thicker, especially the top section.
3) I'm glad this isn't my daily driver, the tires are LOUD. Especially over that rough pavement you often find on rural roads.
4) The sound is glorious.

I'll be taking it to my local club track sometime in the next few weeks once I get a few miles on it. I'm looking forward to spending lots of time with this thing.

Cheers!

QCpgzXn.jpg

Wow that looks superb! Congratulations.

Beautiful day to drive your new car home! (I was in Austin today in my Laguna, actually)

Outstanding and congratulations. I have not seen AG in person and have been unsure about the color as well. If it had been a darker gray like Porsche slate gray I would have ordered that color. With any luck I'll get to see @fuhrius AG R soon.

Congrats! Everyone raves about AG in person, probably would have went with it myself had I not been on the fence.

Congrats! Glad to hear you like the color. I can't wait to see on in person myself. Enjoy driving it, especially for those of us left to just stare at ours in the garage :-X

Austin
LOL, sorry been busy with work. I'll take and post some pics this weekend once I have some down time. Forgot to include this in my first post but I ordered way back when the order banks first opened. The dealer didn't get their allocation until August and then the car wasn't built until mid-November. It sat at the plant until New Years before it finally got on a train. Took about a week to get it from there. VIN is 1054 and chassis # on the dashboard is 0912.

Turns out I was really lucky by ordering when I did. I paid barely over MSRP but they said they have another one coming in next week that is sold for $10k over and another allocation after that for which they have several interested buyers. They're just going to let them bid on it.

Austin
Well I didn't really get a chance to get out and take some good pics, but here's a few I took after putting the stripes on. My original order didn't include stripes but I changed my mind after it was too late so I ordered a set from Bigworm Graphix out of Fort Worth. They're pre-cut for the GT350 and seem to be pretty high-quality. They include the white pin stripes like the non-R GT350's but it's a separate piece. I haven't decided yet if I'm going to put them on. I kind of like just the black.

Finally got a chance to do some more spirited driving too. Damn this car is good.

7zo01lC.jpg
9ncYXLO.jpg
2E4H6wT.jpg

Austin
Look what the mailman brought me

jpRlKJg.jpg

Gonna try to get it installed tomorrow along with an oil change. Hopefully test it out on track Sunday.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel