The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Chuckwalla Valley Raceway February 18th and 19th

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cloud9 said:
No word yet. If I get some time tomorrow I'll try calling again.
Jeez, should we have to call again? ::)

OK I just got off the phone with Mickey about guys bringing their own car and just renting track time. These two days are basically "Academy" days so he's essentially set up a semi-private day for the four of us to get out there in their school Mustangs along with their members. It sounds like there's capacity for up to 20-25 cars comfortably during a DE event so I suggested we just have our own "group" and that way we're not disrupting their regular members. Mickey thought that would work well so instead of $500/day it would be $300/day and you can participate in one or two days at your discretion.

He was in the middle of a big charity race today so I'm going to be calling him back on Monday to get everything set up for registration. You'll be able to register online directly with the track. I told him that the guys coming would be experienced drivers, so if someone's never tracked a car and is interested in going, you would need to check with them about the availability of instruction.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
That's a great price if it's private...last I checked the days were already blocked out for private rental on the site calendar.

Would we be sharing the track at all? I'm surprised there would be anyone else there on a Tuesday...

Could you also get a schedule/outline for the day(s)? Is that also including a transponder? Also interested in the cost to add an instructor for day 1, if you could ask.

Thanks for setting this up, guys! Much better than doing it myself! :D

Grant 302 said:
That's a great price if it's private...last I checked the days were already blocked out for private rental on the site calendar.

Would we be sharing the track at all? I'm surprised there would be anyone else there on a Tuesday...

Could you also get a schedule/outline for the day(s)? Is that also including a transponder? Also interested in the cost to add an instructor for day 1, if you could ask.

Thanks for setting this up, guys! Much better than doing it myself! :D
I will ask Monday. As far as it being a private event, it's just that those two days were reserved for their members and he's working us in with them. Anyone's guess as to how many members show up on a Mon/Tue but I wouldn't think that many.

cloud9 said:
Great! How do you like the Watts link?

I really like it. I definately notice a difference and it has made lowering the rear roll center much easier. I am running it in the center position which drops the roll center about 2" from the Panhard bar and that has been working well.

motoviper said:
I really like it. I definately notice a difference and it has made lowering the rear roll center much easier. I am running it in the center position which drops the roll center about 2" from the Panhard bar and that has been working well.
Nice. I really like it on my GT500 but am not sure how much of the effect is from the Watts link versus the torque arm.

TMO Supporting Vendors