The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

CJ Grille?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anyone know of a place where they are still available?
My google skills are failing me. I've been on the hunt for a grille (more cooling), and CJ has by far become my favorite.

isrboss

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/item/CDC-1311700001/2013-Mustang-Performance-Grille

This one?

steveespo said:
Rehagen Racing may have them or Watson Racing. FYI the Califonia Special Grille is the same, just need to dremel out some of the blocked slots like Ford did. I have one in white that I would let go for $50 + actual shipping.
Steve

Wait what?
You have a CS grille that you will sell for $50 plus shipping? Consider it sold :D
PM incoming

Did someone say CJ grille? ;D

isrboss said:
boro, why not just get the Roush?

I dunno, am I crazy that I think the CJ looks different from the Roush?
I'm really liking it :D
NFSBoss's car looks boss with it :)

isrboss

boro92 said:
I dunno, am I crazy that I think the CJ looks different from the Roush?
I'm really liking it :D
NFSBoss's car looks boss with it :)

You're not crazy, at least I hope not haha. The Roush just looks similar and is easy to find doing my quick search. I figured I would ask. How much better is this grille at cooling? Does it require any additional modifications to cool better?

isrboss said:
You're not crazy, at least I hope not haha. The Roush just looks similar and is easy to find doing my quick search. I figured I would ask. How much better is this grille at cooling? Does it require any additional modifications to cool better?

Apparently, (thanks to Steve explaining), all a CJ grille is a CS one that's been modified.
There needs to be some dremel work - but it's much less painful than doing a Boss one (for example).
The grille itself is significantly more open than the Boss grille (even via 302S cutouts/mesh)...and imo, looks niiiiiiiiice :)

isrboss

boro92 said:
Apparently, (thanks to Steve explaining), all a CJ grille is a CS one that's been modified.
There needs to be some dremel work - but it's much less painful than doing a Boss one (for example).
The grille itself is significantly more open than the Boss grille (even via 302S cutouts/mesh)...and imo, looks niiiiiiiiice :)

Sounds like a good direction, good luck with the hunt!

TMO Supporting Vendors