The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

CJ Intake or Long Tubes

Power wise which is the best choice ???

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

If you already have the cat deletes then you would only be gaining roughly 15-20 HP with the Long Tubes. With the Cobra Jet setup I would say 25-30 range through the Road Runner and have more room in the RPM range. IMO If I ha the money I would do both at once but out of the two I would choose Cobra Jet.

Removing the cats accounts for a huge chunk in the power gain from LTs. If you already have done the cat delete you might be disappointed with the gain. Id do CJ intake but remember, all that power is at 7k plus rpm.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
read this
granted its a gt but from what I see not really something I would do unless I have done every other bolt on first
http://www.nmradigital.com/2013/12/18/jpc-racing-compares-all-three-ford-intake-manifolds-for-the-coyote-5-0l-engine/

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Long tubes, IMO.

Official CAIs etc from FRPP are still delayed for the CJ intake.
The LTs have a definite power gain from all the posts I've seen. Plus they should sound awesome.

I have to agree with the long tubes. Since having the Kooks installed on my car I've been able to drive it twice. I hate snow more now then ever because my car just sits in the garage.

I think you can put the long tubes on without a tune. If you go with the CJ intake, you'll have additional money tied up for a tune. If it were me, I would take the long tube route first. Good Luck and keep us posted.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
wwilde001 said:
I think you can put the long tubes on without a tune. If you go with the CJ intake, you'll have additional money tied up for a tune. If it were me, I would take the long tube route first. Good Luck and keep us posted.
correct I am running stock tunes on my long tubes and off road x. Just get cat codes here and there but runs great

Same here, LTs with O/R X Pipe and sidepipes, stock over axles with resonators removed, borla mufflers, and stock tune. Trackey sounds amazing with this.

neema said:
I've yet to see concrete CJ intake dyno evidence. The long tube evidence is everywhere.

Every dyno sheet that gets posted up I see almost the same numbers and curves like this. This was one that was just recently completed.

CJGainsSAESmoothing5_zps68974af3.png

TMO Supporting Vendors