The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Clanging noise during hard driving

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Did my first track session yesterday and all went beyond expectations... The Boss is FAST! :D Only had to give way to a Porsche 997 GT3 RS and a Corvette C6 Z06... I guess that can be expected :)

Unfortunately, I experienced a clanging/hammering noise from beneath the car after 3-4 minutes of hard driving. I believe it's the exhaust vibrating against the bottom plate when driving over uneven ground. It goes away as soon as the car cools down.

Any ideas and/or similar experience from you seasoned Boss racers?

/Swede

Maybe it isn't it, but I had a banging sound after I removed the side exhaust discs. You can loosen up the side exhaust and try moving it around a bit. Look for marks on the paint, that is how I figured out which one it was and where it was too close to the chassis.

Winter/Grant, thanks for the input. I'll lift it and look for marks where the exhaust may have rattled against the plate. I did remove the baffles a few months ago, could be that something happened then...

/Swede

TheSwede said:
Did my first track session yesterday and all went beyond expectations...

Unfortunately, I experienced a clanging/hammering noise from beneath the car after 3-4 minutes of hard driving.

RedRidingHoodSquirrelNutsGif.gif

Those are just your balls, mate. Welcome to the track. ;D

L O L ;D

That's why I couldn't keep up with that vette! Felt like I was towing a freight train sideways :D

TMO Supporting Vendors