The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Classic 4th gear high RPM lockout... just for fun.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Minnesota
I just happen to get a 4th gear lockout on my personal best lap at BlackHawk Farms this past summer. Which means the lap could have been better! :) I didn't gather the shift and myself back quick enough and missed the apex of the next corner. Start watching at second 45.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Minnesota
The Camaros had a solenoid lockout to stop that
Speaking of Camaros. I was reeling this one in and all of the sudden he put up a smoke screen. He got stopped before the swamp, so that was good. I talked to him back in the pits. He was having trouble with his ABS. He ran with it off the rest of the day and was apparently fine.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel