The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Cleaning cai and changing spark plugs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hey guys,

I want to clean my jlt cai filter and change the spark plugs.

What will the filter cleaning steps be and what do i need to use ??

Finally what spark plugs do i use for my car ? Any number or name for them ?

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Spark plugs are easy, Motorcraft SP-519. They're about $5 each from Tousley/Autonation White Bear Lake online.

CAI filter look up "K&N Filtercharger" kit and you'll get the ingredients and directions for about $20.

ArizonaBOSS said:
Spark plugs are easy, Motorcraft SP-519. They're about $5 each from Tousley/Autonation White Bear Lake online.

CAI filter look up "K&N Filtercharger" kit and you'll get the ingredients and directions for about $20.

I have full bolt ons and am planning to change them and clean the air filter b4 tuning with aed .

So those mastercraft would be fine or i put better ones like ngks ??

And my car has 16,000 km which i think the plugs and air filter are still brand new but the cars was parked and ddnt start for a couple of months b4 i bought it, tuners said u better change them bcuz after that couple of months the spark plugs needs to be changed ... So what do u think about that ?

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
With that low mileage they should be fine but I know Shaun can be fussy, so again, about $40 to get new plugs and move on.

Just stick with the Motorcraft stuff.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
I am running autolite xp's in my boss. Should still be on sale to get 3 bucks a plug back. Got mine from rock auto.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the jlt cf with the red filter ... Can i use the k&n filter cleaning kit or should i use the s&b ?

b4 I start cleaning the cai ,, my cai is jlt carbon fiber .. how tight should I tighten the cai clamp ?? I think ive read that the cf pipe breaks easily wheni the clamp is over tightened

and is it easy or necessary to clean the throttle body ??

TMO Supporting Vendors