The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Cleaning Exhaust tips

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

In for this one. I used Mother's metal polish for years but ran out a couple of years. I replaced it with Eagle's and that stuff is useless. I noticed after tracking my Boss the tips on my GT500 mufflers now have a nice bronze patina to them. I prefer brightly polished SS. ;)

I've had really good results using the stuff I use for my Harley:

http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/gma_product.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524441847303&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302290863&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=2534374302290863&bmUID=1063663512269&bmLocale=en_US

Even took some of the minor scratches out of my exhaust tips. Caution though, this should not be used on chrome or aluminum as it is abrasive.

BLAZN BOSS

Never Dull...........its awesome...........can full of cotton like material that you tear off. When I take the car to show I use it on the tips and the muffler.....it makes metal shine...........can't be replaced, I ve tried all the rest.

Thanks for the info all. From what I can get locally and easiest it sounds like Mothers is the way to go. Thats on my list to pick up tomorrow along with a new wash mitt.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
Oh my you have no idea how many metal polishes I have tried. The best I have found and I have tried all the ones listed so far pale in comparsion to the ease of use and the results you get from MR BUFFER.
http://www.mrbuffer.com/
Dont waste your time or money this is the best stuff.

Justin

BLAZN BOSS said:
Never Dull...........its awesome...........can full of cotton like material that you tear off. When I take the car to show I use it on the tips and the muffler.....it makes metal shine...........can't be replaced, I ve tried all the rest.
never dull seriously? I am in the navy and we have a ton of brass to polish. Neverdull is what they give us. Takes for ever to get a shine and is a pain to remove. Not to mention it has metal in the cotton which slowly over time causes swirl marks in the metal. If you dont want to go with something from the internet then the next best thing I have found is Mothers Billet polish but its expensive.

Justin said:
BLAZN BOSS said:
never dull seriously? I am in the navy and we have a ton of brass to polish. Neverdull is what they give us. Takes for ever to get a shine and is a pain to remove. Not to mention it has metal in the cotton which slowly over time causes swirl marks in the metal. If you dont want to go with something from the internet then the next best thing I have found is Mothers Billet polish but its expensive.

Justin, I'm sure then that you have used the other popular metal polish in the Navy. Tabasco Sauce.

Justin

06GT to 13LS said:
Justin said:
BLAZN BOSS said:

Justin, I'm sure then that you have used the other popular metal polish in the Navy. Tabasco Sauce.
Lol yes and it doesnt work that good either. My fav "your doing it wrong" was to use bug juice. It did work to get the green off though for the DC maint lol

BLAZN BOSS

Justin said:
BLAZN BOSS said:
Then you must have broken fingers...I can make something shine like its been chromed accidently with neverdull.....plus the mil standard for navy enclosures are hard to polish any .......its properties make it that way for longevity.....I work in the design department for NN shipbuilding.

Justin

well you can keep using always dull and I will use what works. lol but really I had started polishing my own metal parts all over my 96 cobra and never dull causes scratches and really doesn't work all that well at keeping the metal from dulling again. mr buffer, mothers, meguiars, blue magic etc leaves a "wax" behind protecting the shine.

If you live in the area I can meet you at the next Cars and Coffee in VA Beach and give you a bottle to try. I know once you try it you will throw that neverdull in the trash.

Justin

06GT to 13LS said:
What? There is no Zaino for that?
lol no

now if you want to get nuts and polish all the metal things you own this stuff works great at starting with unpolished metals and working up to a mirror. its what the guys with air streams and air planes use and its great. but expensive ( I bought it and tried it works really well)

its called nuvite nushine II and they have different grades (think sand paper) up to non abrasive to get the perfect mirror shine.
http://www.nuvitechemical.com/c-39-metal-polish-nushine-ii-system.aspx

TMO Supporting Vendors