The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Cleaning Recaros?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sesshomurai

I was gonna ask this question myself...hope to find a good solution that won't discolor the fabric too.

I would use a clean white cotton towel (white so you can see the dirt) that is lightly damp and wipe the seats down. Use any spot remover as needed. Same applies to the steering wheel. I'd avoid any chemicals as much as possible.

Dvendet

Everyone's entitled to my opinion. ;)
I found this on Youtube. You may be interested in considering this recommendation to clean Alcantara.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPL0nb0J2Sg&feature=youtube_gdata_player

MMD

I had alcantara seats in my last car, which had a couple arrow head hunting trips on the side of the racetrack. I never used anything other than water and a cloth as 5DOT0 says and they looked brand new when I sold it. Same can't be said for the headliner, never could get all the little plant pins out of it.

TMO Supporting Vendors