The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Clear Bra, how much area to cover advice?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Really thinking of getting this done. Just wondering how much of the front to cover, and how far up the hood would be best. Thanks in advance fellows.

Stef

I had the front 12 inches of the hood and front fenders dones. It's really saved that part so far especially on the track. I weighed the cost of doing the plastic front clip/bumper at another $300 versus the cost of repainting it which wasn't much more. I figured I'd be in for a repaint about the same amount of time as replacing the clear bra because I've been told they only last 3-4 years? Anyway, the front clip is getting hammered pretty good from the track already so if I had to do it again, I might add that part. The leading edge of the roof seems fine so far and I haven't seen any chips on the hood yet past the bra.

Look at buying "tracwrap" for the front end on track days.www.tracwrap.com. Ive used it twice and it works awesome. It's a bit expensive $99 for 40' but it works great. Also works for road trips too. It pulls right off. There is cheaper stuff but this is 7mil so it provides more protection.

I went to a Llumar installer. Their film is guaranteed for life. I had about 6.25 inches on the hood, the front bumper, headlight, the pillars near the grille, the mirrors, and fenders for $350.00. I also had them tint the windows, same lifetime warranty. So far, all the bugs lucky enough to meet my Boss, have been on an area with film. ;D

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel