The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Clear Bra? Over Stripes Yes or No

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I am droping off my GB Boss for a clear bra tomorrow and I am wondering about the stripes. I think I don't want to have it applied over the stripes.

For those who have the bra cover the stripes yes or no.

I plan to have them do the headlights, door handles, rear valance around the faux gas gap.

Are there any other areas that should be done?

Thanks Paul

No. If you remove the clear bra you risk the chance of removing the stripes with them. Any installer should know this. Good luck.

The "good" installer (my friends use him for their exotics) out here told me that he will not do clear over the stripes, as it will cause damage if taken off. The other installer said he would but wouldn't guarantee no damage. YMMV

Top of the bumper is a good idea.

add the mirrors and have them put a thin strip down door edges. Do not put over stripes. One other place I thought about but did not do was the A pillars and it is the only place I now have a chip in.

if you clearbra over stripes they will be shiny. they do have matte clears but a matte clear will make shiny paint matte. if you used both there'd be way too many cuts going on.

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything
Not over the stripes.

When I get my Boss my 3m will NOT go over the stripes. Will do the typical front end coverage and mirror caps.

It will be going over the black rear panel between the tail lights, and at least the vertical faces of the tail lights.

I will also have the "POWERED BY FORD" insert on the scuff plates covered as well.

TMO Supporting Vendors