The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Clearance sale on 2018 season Conti race tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

In the V6L
Maybe everyone knows about this already, but...

https://trackdaytire.com/specials/

It's all the spec tires for Continental Tire SportsCar Challenge on sale - wets, roval and road course slicks. The Ford Mustang GT4 G5500 tire pn 20558 (305/660R18) is available NEW for $190 each.

The company also seems to be offering special pricing on Hoosiers for HPDE and club racers. Don't know if it's a good deal or not.

https://trackdaytire.com/msrdeal/?utm_source=motorsportreg&utm_medium=banner&utm_campaign=msr_email

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Word of caution, in my case any ways.... They really do no last very long, which was a surprise. I got no more then 3 hours out of them, but got over 8 hours out of R7's

I had already purchased a set of the medium-hard compound 305/650/18's direct from Hoosier and decided to grab another set of the softer compound last week. I too was going to stick with R7/A7 only but hard to pass up brand new slicks for $800.

Thanks to all above for the tip on these. I need new rubber this season, so thought I would try these. I have 18x10 wheels, so went with the 265/650/18's with the 5500 compound to be a closer fit to the 275 NT-01's I was running. Looks like I need to step up to 18x11's to get more options. Will be my first true slicks, so hoping to have fun learning with these. From what I can piece together, these should be grippier than the 5000, but not a ton more than the NT-01s. Staring at first kid's college tuition this fall, so was also looking to save a few $$ ;)

Jwodon

Jake
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Collegeville, PA
I picked up a set of the 'slow' Daytona Construction 5000 305/685 tires directly from Hoosier for $99/tire and $15.00 for shipping. Don't care how fast they are, they are durable and still a slick for less than you can buy any Mustang size tire for. If I had the space I would have bought more.
I picked up a set of the G5000 305/685 as well and wow what a deal! Have you had a chance to mount them yet? Any fitment issues? I will be running an 18x11 wheel this year.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
You may find them about the same as the NT01s , but the price is definitely beneficial with college tuition staring you in the face.

18x11 rims -- you are running a 25mm spacer up front, correct ?

So are the Conti Series tires D.O.T. stamped race tires that would be awful on the street?

I only saw slicks and wets on the Hoosier website and they were less than this deal above. They only had 2 left of the G6500 305/650/18's that the GTD cars ran. They still had the LMP compound that is supposedly softer than the A7 and they are less than $200. I got a set of each compound and may grab another LMp set.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Not a big fan of NT01s , as they are slow too, since they are a decade old design, but many like them as they seem to last longer than some other tires?

I only saw slicks and wets on the Hoosier website and they were less than this deal above. They only had 2 left of the G6500 305/650/18's that the GTD cars ran. They still had the LMP compound that is supposedly softer than the A7 and they are less than $200. I got a set of each compound and may grab another LMp set.
Which one is the LMP tire? Also, if anyone can tell me. Which is the softest tire they have available; 5500, 6500, etc. I can't seem to find anything out and their website is beyond lacking in information.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Frankly , just go to www.hoosiertire.com , as they still have some on Sale ( look under discontinued tires ) and they are less money. They also give a nice description of what each of the Continentals are best suited for. Hope this helps you out?

The 20820 and 20825 tires on the website are the LMP3 compound. One is a 2017 version and the other is the softer, 2018 version. It doesn't look like they have any more of the harder GT4 compound. I am only discussing the 305/650/18 size.

does anyone know if the 305/660R18s are gone forever? I assume none of the series are using them so they are no longer in any sort of production. I have 18x10s and dont think i can stretch (or gain any value) from the new size.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel