The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Clearance with kooks side pipes and H&R springs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

REAL 1

Death smiles at everyone. Army Rangers smile back.
Guys: I ordered H&R race springs and Koni Yellows with Maximum Motorsports camber plates.

I am concerned that the car will be too low for the Kooks side pipes I have ordered. I will be running 19" wheels.

Anybody have any issues with this in the past. How much clearance will I likely be left with after installing the H&R race springs. Do you think the pipes will be too low for street use?

Haven't taken delivery of the car yet so this is why I'm asking.

Thanks.

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
Race springs are VERY low in the rear. I had 3/4" perch spacers made and I still think it would be too low for speed bumps and side pipes. Although I don't have them on my car, I speculate you will have issues without at least spacers like I did.

REAL 1

Death smiles at everyone. Army Rangers smile back.
Thanks.

I am told that with the H&R race springs my car will be 2" lower all around. :eek:

Do you think 1" spacers are a good idea to keep the drop from being that drastic???? I love the Kooks pipes but want the handling improvement of the H&R's.

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
i would park your lowest part of the pipes over a speed bump and see how much you can drop it.

if it weren't for those springs having the PERFECT rates for my needs, i would have dumped them and gone with something else. if you don't need to be competitive, you may want to consider an eibach?

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
Re: Clearance with kooks side pipes and H&R springs

IMO t springs were the perfect drop. Even with the little drop they give you those kooks pipes are really close to the ground. The tips are the lowest point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TMO Supporting Vendors