The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Clutch and transmission issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sorry if this has been asked or mentioned before. I did a search here and found no answers. Just wondering if Ford did a better job engineering the GT350 clutch and transmission or if they suffer any of the shifting and clutch issues like the Boss.

I sure hope so! Yes the clutch and trans should be a significant upgrade to the Boss. I only have 300 miles on my 350 but it feels way better than the my Boss with all the mods I had to fix the clutch and trans issues. The real test will be March 28th at my first track day.

I never took my GT to the track because I couldnt make a WOT redline shift for the lift of me, it would always lock out. Didnt upgrading to a twin disk help with this a bunch?

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
ArizonaBOSS said:

Interesting, I did'nt know you were running a McLoed RXT. I wasnt sure if the RXT would hold up to Race condition useage, so that is good to know.

302 Hi Pro

+1 with Voodoo on the whine - 2/3/4/5 gears and syncro's and all I felt was a bit of notchiness up-shifting with the stock shifter with Blowfish bracket - but then it started to make noise like a throwout bearing going = rebuilt trans. Also have them check the pinion bearings for excess end play and lift, you may be surprised.

Oh and the Mcloed all they way - solved all shifting issues and I had them all.

Is everyone who's waiting for the cooling upgrade from Ford putting "kitty litter scoops" on their transmissions? That was one of the first mods we did on the 302's.

TMO Supporting Vendors