The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Clutch cable broke

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Clarksville, TN
The saga continues!!!

Just picked up my car from the tuner (3 hours away) and a mile down the road this happens.

Luckily the 200+ Miles was mostly highway and I was able to rev match.

I have found a couple videos/how-to’s on clutch cable installs. Any one here have any hints/tips/tricks from personal experience? One of my friends mentioned something in regards to the throw-out bearing and how it could be damaged if the clutch cable isn’t adjusted corrected after install? Any one have insight on this?

Thanks!

#revmatch
1664114106450.png

Was the clutch just replaced?
It is pretty straight forward, try to get a factory Ford cable. You can also get a quadrant and an adjuster at this time if you so choose. You'll be on your back under the dash for awhile so bring some pillows for padding and a decent light.
Not too difficult if you are a contortionist.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Clarksville, TN
Was the clutch just replaced?
It is pretty straight forward, try to get a factory Ford cable. You can also get a quadrant and an adjuster at this time if you so choose. You'll be on your back under the dash for awhile so bring some pillows for padding and a decent light.
Not too difficult if you are a contortionist.
The clutch was replaced before I bought it. The previous owner had receipts for it.

Hahaha, thanks for the tips. I honestly think I'll just remove the seat to make it even easier.

TMO Supporting Vendors