The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Clutch engagement point adjustment?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SeattleBoss

TrackAttack 9-23-13
I recently had a Hays Dragonclaw clutch installed in my 2013 Boss after repeated track problems. After several months of trying to get the spacer lengths correct (more on that later) my shop finally got the clutch to function close to normal. The problem I have now is that the clutch doesn't engage until the pedal is near the upper part of travel and it makes a smooth release almost impossible. Is there a convenient way to adjust this release point closer to mid-pedal travel?

Thanks,

Bruce

I don't believe there is a way to adjust the engagement point. I've never heard of that clutch before.

Last edited:
FWIW..having the engagement point high is not such a bad idea, it does make for faster shifts, but I can understand if you can't ease it out, why it would be a problem. The clutch does have springs in the disc..correct? it's not a full on race clutch. It needs those springs to cusion the realease, also, if it uses the non fiber disc material, that makes a huge difference in how the clutch releases.

In the V6L
The 2013/14 GT500's came from the factory with a really high clutch friction point. I used to joke that anyone who claims that they've driven one and never stalled it was lying. The good news is that you get used to it after a while.

The manual clutch in my Scion TC DD was so hard, I had to sell the car when I fractured my clutch foot ( injury didn't happen because of the car). Even with that fractured foot, shifting the Boss was a piece of cake. I can't even imagine any clutch easier than that..............

TMO Supporting Vendors