The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Clutch fix in the works

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SeattleBoss

TrackAttack 9-23-13
I took my '13 in for service Tuesday after the clutch pedal didn't come all the way up during high speed shifting at the track a few weeks ago.

I just heard from the service writer and he said that Ford acknowledges the problem, is working on a solution, and will hopefully issue a TSB "shortly". Of course this somewhat hazy time-wise, but there seems to have been sufficient complaints to get them to work on it.

steveespo said:
Gary
Which Exedy did you get? Whole kit with flywheel?
Steve
It's the twin disc. According to Rehagen it's the only one that fits a Mustang. They have asked them for a single disc and Exedy is talking to them about putting one together from the parrs bin to test but no ETA on it. Yes it's a complete kit with pressure plate and flywheel.

Couldn't you just put a GT500 Clutch/Tranny in as a replacement? The Tremec? I hear those things are practically bulletproof, but then again, the Titanic was "Unsinkable".

rpm3dinc said:
Couldn't you just put a GT500 Clutch/Tranny in as a replacement? The Tremec? I hear those things are practically bulletproof, but then again, the Titanic was "Unsinkable".
They probably are, but it would be the difference between 1-2k and 5-6k.

TMO Supporting Vendors