The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Clutch fluid black, normal?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I have 3 track days on this clutch fluid since separating the reservoir from the brake. I know clutch fluid gets dirty by nature, but is this color after 3 days normal or do I have a master or slave on its way out?

3B0B68B8-BA87-42EA-B845-62775A2B8C86.jpeg

I would say no, but you probably still have some of the old crud in there, so I wouldn't worry too much. Just rebleed it and keep an eye on it. As long as it's operating properly' I'd just go with it.
BTW, I need to divorce the reservoir in mine probably as well. All the race cars I've worked on have divorced clutch reservoirs.

that's crap.flush system
I think the question was more to " is this normal, and if not why". No it's not, probably because he still has some of the old crud in there, so it will take several track events and bleeding to come out clean for the life of the car.

ny
I assume clutch res is with brake res? That crude might be also from brakes.
S550 has same no bleeding as s197 hydraulic clutch set up.
I added a stand alone clutch res. And capped the master port for clutch.

TMO Supporting Vendors