The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Clutch Helper-Spring / Sticking Pedal UPDATE.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

If you haven't posted in the trans/clutch issue thread please do so.

https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=2934.0

isrboss

Those that have experienced the clutch pedal sticking to the floor. Which of these statements fits you?

1. Did not even open the brake/clutch reservoir.
2. Flushed brake fluid without sucking fluid from reservoir.
3. Flushed brake fluid and sucked the reservoir out with baster or vac.

I am thinking that during a brake fluid flush when sucking the fluid, some might be sucking the clutch reserve dry and pulling from the line. This could introduce air to the clutch system and would require the 15-20in/hg vac. for 1 min on the reservoir.

I did perform the clutch system bleed procedure 3 times yesterday, and the pedal feels lighter, and more linear.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
isrboss said:
Those that have experienced the clutch pedal sticking to the floor. Which of these statements fits you?

1. Did not even open the brake/clutch reservoir.
2. Flushed brake fluid without sucking fluid from reservoir.
3. Flushed brake fluid and sucked the reservoir out with baster or vac.

I am thinking that during a brake fluid flush when sucking the fluid, some might be sucking the clutch reserve dry and pulling from the line. This could introduce air to the clutch system and would require the 15-20in/hg vac. for 1 min on the reservoir.

I did perform the clutch system bleed procedure 3 times yesterday, and the pedal feels lighter, and more linear.
1 applies when it first started. then I replaced the clutch line with one from JHR and bleed the system then using vacuum didnt fix a thing.

I am pulling for you that its not the beginning of your clutch going to crap like mine did.

Justin said:
1 applies when it first started. then I replaced the clutch line with one from JHR and bleed the system then using vacuum didnt fix a thing.

I am pulling for you that its not the beginning of your clutch going to crap like mine did.
Yep the SS clutch line is a waste of money unless you are running headers. In fact my clutch never stuck to the floorboard until AFTER I installed the JHR clutch line. :eek:

Justin

NFSBOSS said:
Yep the SS clutch line is a waste of money unless you are running headers. In fact my clutch never stuck to the floorboard until AFTER I installed the JHR clutch line. :eek:
come to think of it I think mine got worse after installing this line shortly after but hard to say its all jumbled together in my mind now.

isrboss

Justin said:
come to think of it I think mine got worse after installing this line shortly after but hard to say its all jumbled together in my mind now.

Justin, did this first happen drag racing, or burn outs. In the past I have experienced the clutch pedal stuck to the floor drag racing in my old 05 GTO. Seemed to be possibly related to overheating the fluid in the line/slave unit in that car. I have no plans to touch any parts related to the clutch system besides the fluid. I think the difference between you and I is, you heat your rear tires up in a water box, and I heat all four in 2 laps. ;D

I removed my spring this weekend and so far after 2-3 redline runs 1-3 I have not had it stick.

In my case I only had it stick a few times while at the track when doing 1-2 after burn outs while staging, then once on a QTR mile pass.

Its very hard to reproduce, but I'll post if I do get any pedal sticking with the spring removed.

I like the feel with the spring removed. As others have said, its noticeably stiffer than stock but seems I'm smoother with my shifts as I can feel the engagement point better.

Seems to me Ford should have used the $ on fixing this issue vs. adding the stupid sound tube.

Justin

isrboss said:
Justin, did this first happen drag racing, or burn outs. In the past I have experienced the clutch pedal stuck to the floor drag racing in my old 05 GTO. Seemed to be possibly related to overheating the fluid in the line/slave unit in that car. I have no plans to touch any parts related to the clutch system besides the fluid. I think the difference between you and I is, you heat your rear tires up in a water box, and I heat all four in 2 laps. ;D
it started only coming half way back up on the street. First time it stuck to the floor was at the drag strip but after that happened it would do it with ease on the street with any shifts above 7

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel