The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Clutch pedal not coming up all the way

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SeattleBoss

TrackAttack 9-23-13
I was doing some relatively hot laps at Pacific Raceway last Thursday and after about 15 minutes I noticed the clutch pedal wasn't coming all the way back up. After cooling down everything was fine, but then it happened again midway during the next session. No problems in street driving conditions. I've heard aeration of the fluid may be the cause. Anyone else had this?

SeattleBoss said:
I was doing some relatively hot laps at Pacific Raceway last Thursday and after about 15 minutes I noticed the clutch pedal wasn't coming all the way back up. After cooling down everything was fine, but then it happened again midway during the next session. No problems in street driving conditions. I've heard aeration of the fluid may be the cause. Anyone else had this?

Make sure you take your foot off the pedal all the way after a gear change. Doing that cured the issue I was having with the pedal not returning fully. :)

Boomerstoys

Keep the shiny side up & the rubber side down!
SeattleBoss: follow the threads cloud 9 provided. There is a lot of info on this board and several people have resolved this problem, somewhat common, using a variety of methods. PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU CONTACT YOUR DEALER AND MAKE HIM AWARE OF THIS ISSUE. Ford needs to know just how many owners are experiencing these problems and come up with a fix before something dreadful happens on track.

I haven't experienced this but I'm still dealing with a "lock out" issue from 4th to 5th at high RPM's. Just added a friction modifier, Level 1, to the transmission and diff and it seems my shifting is somewhat smoother, even the grabby nature of cold 1-2 shifts have improved. Haven't been on track yet so not sure if it's helped the lock out. Waiting for the transmission bushing insert from Whiteline and hope to get to the track next month with the bushing in place.

Domestic Product has replaced his clutch and I think he is free of all issues. We should try to get PNW Boss owners together.

Cheers!

TMO Supporting Vendors