The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Clutch pedal sticking to floor will Ford fix it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I know this has been posted many times but will Ford replace or fix the issue if it occurs. I noticed that sometimes under heavy acceleration at high rpm that the clutch pedal will sometimes do this. I called the Ford dealer since I still have 10 months on the warranty and they said to bring it in and will see if they can replicate it...curious what they will do if they replicate it. Will Ford attempt to fix the clutch?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I think you will get the run around. If it only happens under WOT. They may tell you that they can not do that for legal and safety reasons. That will be there reason for them to not coveri it. Your best move will be to have you drive the car with the tech riding shotgun.
Or just remove the helper spring on the pedal and take it from there.

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
johna said:
I know this has been posted many times but will Ford replace or fix the issue if it occurs. I noticed that sometimes under heavy acceleration at high rpm that the clutch pedal will sometimes do this. I called the Ford dealer since I still have 10 months on the warranty and they said to bring it in and will see if they can replicate it...curious what they will do if they replicate it. Will Ford attempt to fix the clutch?

This is a good question and yes, I believe they will attempt to repair it under warranty if the can duplicate the problem. And for me, that was the quandary, do I hand over the keys to my Boss 302 and give the Service Advisor, (or Technician, or both), authorization to go out and hammer on my car at WOT to try to replicate the problem?

Then, to fix the problem, they would have to remove the helper spring on the clutch pedal tree, which they are not allowed to do as they can't alter the OEM design of the vehicle unless it is a part of a TSB, or other service campaign.

I thought better of giving them the keys to my Boss and saying "Have at it!", cause it only happens between 6,500 RPM's and the 7,500 RPM red line! Then I decided to learn how to remove the helper spring here on BMO.

After thinking about this, I remembered this TSB:

2011 Ford Mustang Power Train Service Bulletin 303498
NHTSA: Action Number: 10037084 Service Bulletin Number: 303498

Report Date: Sep 20, 2010
Component: Power Train
Summary: Ford: on some 2011 mustangs the clutch pedal may stay on the floor during high rmp shifts. *rm

Note: This may have been expanded to include the 2012 model year Boss 302 Mustangs. You can go to "safercar.gov" and search TSB's by your VIN.

Good luck on your repair,
Dave
302 Hi Pro

Did removing the helper spring solve it?

Can you post the link to how to remove it...it did not post

Alright, found the link and just went out to the car with my son to push the clutch in and removed it. Success -Today it's rainy, so can't try it out, but I hope the 5 minute fix works. Thanks!

TMO Supporting Vendors