The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Clutch Replacement Cost (Labor)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: Re: Clutch Replacement Cost (Labor)

unrealford said:
Isn't new slave Cylinder, pulse ring, crank sensor, all that a overkill? Do I get new clutch pedals too? :eek: IM trying to keep this affordable, I barely can afford the install. LOL
Nope. If you have over 10K miles on your car I'd replace the slave. I'm kicking myself for not changing mine. There have been several slave failures.

unrealford

Mustang owner since 84
Dam, you guys love spending my money, I'm at 5,000 miles, Wouldn't the slave be covered by warranty?
Do you guys recommend this one?
http://www.americanmuscle.com/exedy-tob-slavecylinder-0513.html?utm_content=exedy-tob-slavecylinder-0513&utm_campaign=PGFullFitmentV1&utm_source=PGrabber&utm_medium=Shopping&AMID=exedy-tob-slavecylinder-0513-2013-GT&year=2013&model=GT

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!

unrealford said:
Isn't new slave Cylinder, pulse ring, crank sensor, all that a overkill? Do I get new clutch pedals too? :eek: IM trying to keep this affordable, I barely can afford the install. LOL
I think so. I didnt swap all that stuff when I did mine just the clutch kit. I do have a spare slave cylinder ready to go if mine takes a dump.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN

Justin said:
I think so. I didnt swap all that stuff when I did mine just the clutch kit. I do have a spare slave cylinder ready to go if mine takes a dump.
Don't forget the $225 stainless clutch fluid line too. Good thing we have the racecar with a license plate right?
Steve

Justin

steveespo said:
Don't forget the $225 stainless clutch fluid line too. Good thing we have the racecar with a license plate right?
Steve
thats for a Ford version made of unitanium. the JHR version is only like 60 bucks lol its made of earthly materials

Justin said:
thats for a Ford version made of unitanium. the JHR version is only like 60 bucks lol its made of earthly materials

Don't be so quick to judge...

The FRPP clutch line is significantly better in more ways than one..

We race, you win.

Justin

VTBoss302 said:
Don't be so quick to judge...

The FRPP clutch line is significantly better in more ways than one..

We race, you win.
care to elaborate or are you just speculating?

unrealford

Mustang owner since 84
Well my Clutch will be here next week, I'm going to take the risky route, install clutch without a new flywheel or resurfacing, I'm taking a chance but at this point I don't have a choice, I barely have enough cash for clutch and the $450.00 install

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
Also reduced chance of expansion when the fluid gets heated up. I still feel the separate clutch fluid reservoir would help with the throwout bearing performance and longevity. I just haven't gotten the gumption to mount the one I have and cap the the brake reservoir. Now that I think of it an automatic brake reservoir wouldn't have the clutch line nipple, have to check if it is the same capacity as a Brembo manual trans unit.
Steve

steveespo said:
Also reduced chance of expansion when the fluid gets heated up. I still feel the separate clutch fluid reservoir would help with the throwout bearing performance and longevity. I just haven't gotten the gumption to mount the one I have and cap the the brake reservoir. Now that I think of it an automatic brake reservoir wouldn't have the clutch line nipple, have to check if it is the same capacity as a Brembo manual trans unit.
Steve
I like your idea of the auto reservoir. In theory the expansion of the stock line makes sense but I never had my clutch pedal stick to the floor until AFTER I installed the JHR SS clutch line. One thought is maybe the SS line doesn't dissipate heat as well as the stock one.

unrealford

Mustang owner since 84
NFSBOSS said:
I like your idea of the auto reservoir. In theory the expansion of the stock line makes sense but I never had my clutch pedal stick to the floor until AFTER I installed the JHR SS clutch line. One thought is maybe the SS line doesn't dissipate heat as well as the stock one.
Hmmm I have one of those but haven't installed it, but was planning to.. now, I'm second guessing

Justin

unrealford said:
Dam, you guys love spending my money, I'm at 5,000 miles, Wouldn't the slave be covered by warranty?
Do you guys recommend this one?
http://www.americanmuscle.com/exedy-tob-slavecylinder-0513.html?utm_content=exedy-tob-slavecylinder-0513&utm_campaign=PGFullFitmentV1&utm_source=PGrabber&utm_medium=Shopping&AMID=exedy-tob-slavecylinder-0513-2013-GT&year=2013&model=GT
I contacted them about this slave cylinder and they told me it wont work unless you have the exedy clutch. since they wouldnt give me the "it works with any clutch" i didnt buy it.

I only had around 7k miles on my car when I made the swap. 8k miles with the new clutch and its still working fine for me.

unrealford said:
Hmmm I have one of those but haven't installed it, but was planning to.. now, I'm second guessing
I have one on my car. I would install it since you already have it. It didnt get rid of my sticking pedal and at the same time didnt make it any worse.

NFSBOSS said:
I'm sure it's better but it won't enhance the functionality of the clutch. It's purpose is so you won't melt the stock line when running LT headers.
he was talking about their braided stainless steel version of the line. cant see it being any better then the JHR line. The way I routed mine its further away from the exhaust then the stock line was by a fair margin cant see it getting that hot

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel