The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Clutch Reservoir

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

j3st3r

Brian S.
Tennessee
Saw a post on here I believe about running a separate clutch reservoir, thought it was a good idea so started another project!

If all goes well I might have 10 or so of these available with bracket, hardware, and the Wilwood reservoir

Test Phase
ClutchRes001_zps1orcjrqk.png
Clutch Reservoir

ClutchRes008_zpsiph9qtp9.png
Clutch Reservoir

ClutchRes007_zpsqfnjwlnv.png
Clutch Reservoir

ClutchRes005_zpsf8tfdck1.png
Clutch Reservoir

ClutchRes003_zps8a6zr9u0.png
Clutch Reservoir

Have a few tweaks I want to make to the bracket, and then hopefully testing this at the track on March 28th!

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
This is a very good upgrade for our cars, especially if tracked or performance driven as it eliminates the black floaties in our brake system fluid.

Clutch dust is so fine, it does migrate past the seals on our new style T/O bearing and ends up in the Reservoir.

I installed a clutch fluid reservoir last fall and like the idea of having separate maintenance schedules for these fluids.

Next, I'll pick up a GT Automatic spec brake fluid reservoir with out the clutch line nipple so I can eliminate the rubber sleeve and clamp.

Good idea!
Dave

Awesome!
I'll definitely purchase one of these when you start making them. Keep us posted on the test!
Does it use any existing holes? Because I've avoided drilling body panels... so far ::)

j3st3r

Brian S.
Tennessee
F.D. Sako said:
Awesome!
I'll definitely purchase one of these when you start making them. Keep us posted on the test!
Does it use any existing holes? Because I've avoided drilling body panels... so far ::)

No drilling required it uses existing holes, however the holes that it uses are the ones where the factory sound tube normally mounts to. I dont run the sound tube so it makes for an easy install

I mounted my clutch reservoir with a home made bracket using the sound tube holes on the fender as well. It works well and with the Wildwood reservoir it looks factory.

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
j3st3r:

That is a nice set up and I do like the brake fluid volume of your choice of reservoir. I picked up on this one from a fellow BMO member end of last year, but it has a smaller reservoir.

Here is couple of pics:

20150104_155434_zpskw7gqen7.jpg

FRPP Stainless Steel clutch fluid line is shown below the clutch reservoir.

20150104_155341_zpsljgjp1si.jpg

Good luck with your kit,
Dave

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel