The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

CO and KB shift knobs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
Came across this site the other day thought I would pass it along.
https://www.speeddawg.com/shift-knobs/ford-licensed-series

Boss%20302%20Blue%20shift%20knob_0.jpg

Boss%20302%20Orange%20shift%20knob_0.jpg

This is also a site to look at for shift knobs this is where MGW gets there knobs made. I am looking to get the BOSS 302 knob in white with black lettering.

http://www.epcoshiftknobs.com/Ford_ShiftKnobs.html

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
If only the Boss 302 stitching in the seats matched the exterior, this would be perfect. I kinda like the black right now but this could quickly be added to my list.

What's up with the momentary switch?

I like my black one and a colored one probably wouldn't go with my PW as it is just white and black, but the blue one is nice. Is it KB? Looks like a rendering not a real pic so hard to tell. I also like the grabber blue ones lower down. They need one the same blue as the plastic on the valve covers.

fbbob96

2013 SBY #0750
Those knobs are nice. However, I replaced my stock knob today with a T handle from Hurst.Never a fan of the cue ball shifters. Always had T handles.Better grip and not at all slippery in the summer months. Thats what I had on my my 70 Boss and every car since.Ordered a pistol grip today to see which I like better.By the way,taking the stock ball off was a biznitch.Even had 3 different guys fron Ford parts to get it off.

What T handle did you get? I have one I pulled off my 69 Charger before I sold it but I doubt the threading matches. I've always liked the feel of a T handle.

302BOB said:
fbbob, Any link to order that T handle? Had one on my 442 back in the day. Like to try it on my Boss.

Hurst T-Handle @ Jegs. Not sure of the thread of our shifters though.
http://www.jegs.com/p/Hurst/Hurst-Shifter-Knobs-T-Handle-Style-Aluminum/745795/10002/-1?sendroicid=bbef8492-2d00-41d6-b158-38db0de2603c&sendroiad=2458832709&sendroikwd=hurst+t-handle+shifter+knob&gclid=COrsoL2Bk7ECFeUBQAodfDOKeA

Justin

fbbob96 said:
Those knobs are nice. However, I replaced my stock knob today with a T handle from Hurst.Never a fan of the cue ball shifters. Always had T handles.Better grip and not at all slippery in the summer months. Thats what I had on my my 70 Boss and every car since.Ordered a pistol grip today to see which I like better.By the way,taking the stock ball off was a biznitch.Even had 3 different guys fron Ford parts to get it off.
should have used this much much easier
574592_406672076032036_1978498455_n.jpg

That red one is pretty sweet. I wonder how much they would charge to put the BOSS 302 on the top instead of the shift pattern. I don't really like the MRT on the front either but how often do you look at the front of the ball? I would guess that it is some sort of automated engraving on a special machine using a cad file or something like that so they should be able to do custom engraving. Or are they molded with the engraving?

Match the red ball with the alcantara boot with the red baseball stitching that was posted a while back. How hard is it to change the boot? I supposed you need to pull the console, I always end up scratching the plastic bits doing that.

Oops, the stitching is white. Sucks. For about $100 that would have been a sweet combo

Justin

CaliMR said:
That red one is pretty sweet. I wonder how much they would charge to put the BOSS 302 on the top instead of the shift pattern. I don't really like the MRT on the front either but how often do you look at the front of the ball? I would guess that it is some sort of automated engraving on a special machine using a cad file or something like that so they should be able to do custom engraving. Or are they molded with the engraving?

Match the red ball with the alcantara boot with the red baseball stitching that was posted a while back. How hard is it to change the boot? I supposed you need to pull the console, I always end up scratching the plastic bits doing that.

Oops, the stitching is white. Sucks. For about $100 that would have been a sweet combo
from epco site you can get the boss knob with the logo on the top only in a huge variety of colors.

Nice. The rally orange doesn't look as good, but maybe it is just the picture. I'll email them.

Kind of want the Cougar one for my GF's car

I want the grabber orange with a white BOSS 302 on the top and the rally stripes. I don't know why, I don't even like orange normally. Is there some famous car with an orange knob? Maybe that is influencing me.

fbbob96

2013 SBY #0750
Justin said:
fbbob96 said:
should have used this much much easier
574592_406672076032036_1978498455_n.jpg
Thats the exact tool the guy from Ford used,whatever its called and still took alot to loosen it up,but it worked. Got my T handle (Hurst,brushed aluminum)from Atlantic Speed in South Carolina. Took 1 day to get it.The thread size is 12x1.25.It comes with 6 adapters so it does work just right. Hurst part number is 1530020.

TMO Supporting Vendors