The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Cobra Jet Cams

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I will...right now I'm at 411/360 whp/tq with just ARH LTs/BOSS X/SW Retro and no tune....

Not this time i wasn't. I was over there working for SAIC on the MRAP program(mine resistant vehicles).

2012Boss302 said:
Sorry for the ignunce, what is a "Boss X/SW Retro" ??

Military or not, thanks for your hard work over there. I raise a glass....

ARH produces an x-pipe to mate to their LTs specific to the BOSS to allow the retention of the side pipes, and Stainless Works Retro cat-back.

You're welcome. I did my tour over there as a Marine. After I got out, I just saw a better opportunity and took it. There was a lot of long days and short nights I can say that much on both fronts...Just glad to be back to enjoy it ;)

So any confirmation from Ford regarding the stock Boss 302's Intake/Exhaust Cams?

Is it correct to say the CobraJet has the following cams?

Intake M-6550-M50BINT
Exhaust M-6550-M50BEXH

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Detroit and dallas
OE boss intake cam is the same 12mm/260 used in the GT, I guarantee it.

intake cam duration is what will effect idle quality. the 263 advertised duration of the M-6550-M50BINT is very tame and only 3 degrees greater than the stock boss cams.
Nope duration yes but lift 13mm/.(512or.511) lift int/exh , boss has larger valves to comparablehategen2, I'm actually trying to find some really nice cams for my boss but I can't find any all the GT upgrades are less duration than my stock ones I went to the 2015 until 17 or 18 and they'll probably work there are 514 516 lift, but I don't know it's just not many options with that I mean even the most high energy Comp cams are smaller than the ones I've already got from the factory I don't know I guess it just have to buy 5.2 l heads and go real radical, don't you hate that, oh well.LOL, ANY SUGGESTIONS I'M COMPLETELY OPEN I KNOW IT'S AN OLDER POST BUT I READ IT SO?? Yeah I may be wrong on that but I'm pretty sure I've got a really great article about the boss heads and the game profiles I need to go back and read it I'm pretty sure that it has 13-13

Last edited:
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
New Jersey
Nope duration yes but lift 13mm/.(512or.511) lift int/exh , boss has larger valves to comparablehategen2, I'm actually trying to find some really nice cams for my boss but I can't find any all the GT upgrades are less duration than my stock ones I went to the 2015 until 17 or 18 and they'll probably work there are 514 516 lift, but I don't know it's just not many options with that I mean even the most high energy Comp cams are smaller than the ones I've already got from the factory I don't know I guess it just have to buy 5.2 l heads and go real radical, don't you hate that, oh well.LOL, ANY SUGGESTIONS I'M COMPLETELY OPEN I KNOW IT'S AN OLDER POST BUT I READ IT SO?? Yeah I may be wrong on that but I'm pretty sure I've got a really great article about the boss heads and the game profiles I need to go back and read it I'm pretty sure that it has 13-13
The boss cams are pretty mild, almost any of the GT upgrade cams from COMP and the likes will still be a sizeable difference. Nothing 15+ will work.

I built my engine with these cams back in 2013. I was lucky enough to get Sean AED tuning working on them and i got a lot of help from Adam Christian the Ford Boss exhaust designer guy who also helped with the cam design. I did also use Boss heads and we did quite a ton of work on cam phase tuning and came up with something.. exhaust cam advance or retard doesn't do much at all for HP.. we set that at a little more aggressive than factory and changing it didn't help. But man, when we cranked up the intake cam advance?? every degree was like 5HP. Finally we just gave up and after too many dyno runs just stopped and it made 490/413 (from originals stock 360/360) same dyno. They are very mild ramps and as Adam put it they are 150,000 mile cams. i use the boss coil springs and have not touched anything at 42,000 hard race miles drag, road race you name it. One last item: they are billet not hollow like the factory cams so you will lose a bit of rev snap but that didn't seem to do any harm.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel