The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Cobra Jet Intake and BBK headers install and tune results

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

US
My stock , red key boss 302 seems to have a delay when I get onto the throttle coming out of a corner. Im like...GO GO GO damn it! ....then it goes. Does the "tune" get rid of that delay?

PS-- your car sounds angry!! x LIKE!

Last edited:

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
My stock , red key boss 302 seems to have a delay when I get onto the throttle coming out of a corner. Im like...GO GO GO damn it! ....then it goes. Does the "tune" get rid of that delay?

PS-- you car sounds angry!! x LIKE!

Probably traction control????

US
Just fresh trans fluid. Has mgw shifter and no problems with it or getting it into gear. Stock master cyl resevoir. Fresh srf fluid.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Just wondering, after a clutch change I had a strange feeling a little like a slipping clutch, like a power delay.... Did a Crank relearn and it went away. Strange.....

US
Just wondering, after a clutch change I had a strange feeling a little like a slipping clutch, like a power delay.... Did a Crank relearn and it went away. Strange.....
Funny enough, I actually did have a ford dealer install a new crank position sensor and flash the ecu to set it on Thursday. I was on track Sat Sunday and that's when it was happening. I was also feeling a kinda clutch slip feeling too. I identified them as 2 separate things. 1- throttle input delay vs pedal and
2- once the car was accelerating hard and pulling strong, rpms would climb then stall, brief flash up and then drop 500 to 800 rpm and then be loaded up and make a solid pull back up thru the rpm range. Could be the clutch actually as it may be the original clutch. car has 29k miles on it. I've owned it only a year. It's happens most when im in an off camber sweeper with the tail hanging out. Some is tire slip as it slides a bit. Some may be clutch . neither is the throttle delay I notice.

I have seen this delay in other stock cars. Challengers , my old 07 mustang etc. Was curious if aftermarket tune helped this based on original posters experience.

The CPS seemed to work better than previous as i had no limp mode issues and no check engine light and no miss fire codes.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

The only time I get a delay like that is when Stability control is engaged or I'm super low on gas. I have forgotten to disengage the stability control in the past before going out on track had power delay so I know it can be very frustrating.

I know that crank re-learn is not always performed when it should, such as when CPS is replaced even at the dealer. I would confirm it was performed.

If the RPMs spike but the car doesn't accelerate, it's clutch slippage. Stock clutch is weak. I am very happy with my Exedy stage 3. Similar the stock feel with far more clamping pressure.

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Detroit and dallas

I know it's an old post, mine had a flat spot like that 22-2400ish to 2700 RPM, bosses are extremely sensitive to fuel try a bottle of octane boost might fix it, I keep a couple with me just a lot of times I'll get bad fuel or won't be the octane it says it is I've learned to tell the difference after I fixed it with coils but for me it was actually bad coils, switch out all 8, runs like crazy no flat spots.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Old post, but great to resurrect just too little to that killer exhaust sound!! Sounds like a twin to the Boss 302S I used to have and ironically my numbers were quite similar ( 439rwhp and 394 torque ). My goodness , the sound is simply glorious!!

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel