The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Cobra Jet Intake / BOSS302SX

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArizonaGT said:
5 DOT 0 said:
I sure like that oil separator setup. Drew you mentioned Rehagan is selling it but I couldn't find it on their website. Anyone got a link or part number? I wonder if it will work on an emissions equipped car?
angsdaily.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/04-ford-mustang-boss-302sx-concept.jpg[/img]

http://rehagenracingproducts.com/product.sc?productId=1858&categoryId=74
Thanks. No wonder why I never found it I was looking for an oil separator...a little pricey but I like how clean that setup is. I will install my Steeda oil separator in the next couple of weeks.

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
My way of asking the same question ;D

I think you have a point on the cross brace. It's not easy to tell from the pic but it seems like the intake plenum may be too high. I assume that's why the GT500 doesn;t have one either.

Part number: Peterson Fluid Systems 08-0400

http://www.amazon.com/Peterson-Fluid-Systems-08-0400-Breather/dp/B002GOPHRY

I plan this mod very soon myself. This can is $90 and I will piece the rest together.

Another link
http://hoerr-racing-products.amazonwebstore.com/BREATHER-CAN-12-AN-PORTSPTR080400/M/B002GOPHRY.htm
Recommended by someone who knows ;)

EDIT

Called Horee Racing - can, fittings, hose $152

2012YellowBoss said:
Part number: Peterson Fluid Systems 08-0400

http://www.amazon.com/Peterson-Fluid-Systems-08-0400-Breather/dp/B002GOPHRY

I plan this mod very soon myself. This can is $90 and I will piece the rest together.

Another link
http://hoerr-racing-products.amazonwebstore.com/BREATHER-CAN-12-AN-PORTSPTR080400/M/B002GOPHRY.htm
Recommended by someone who knows ;)

EDIT

Called Horee Racing - can, fittings, hose $152
Good call. Does not running the hose into the intake cause any side effects with the electronics or emissions? Maybe I'll return my Steeda can.

5 DOT 0 said:
Good call. Does not running the hose into the intake cause any side effects with the electronics or emissions? Maybe I'll return my Steeda can.

I am no expert on this, one thing I am pretty sure of is doing this in your state would be illegal. As far as negative side effects I am told none but people that should know. I tend to trust the info I am getting but I can not say for sure there will be any problems with a factory emissions car with my limited knowledge.

Horee
Can.png

2012YellowBoss said:
I am no expert on this, one thing I am pretty sure of is doing this in your state would be illegal. As far as negative side effects I am told none but people that should know. I tend to trust the info I am getting but I can not say for sure there will be any problems with a factory emissions car with my limited knowledge.
I trust your source. ;) It is something that can easily be put back to stock condition so no worries about passing smog. I don't think the first smog check is for 4-5 years anyway.

Are you going to order it today?

5 DOT 0 said:
I trust your source. ;) It is something that can easily be put back to stock condition so no worries about passing smog. I don't think the first smog check is for 4-5 years anyway.

Are you going to order it today?

Ordered, I would like to get the 90 degree angled connectors where the PCV is now in the picture above. Also need to find caps for the intake but the rest is on the way.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Can you put together a source list along with part numbers for this stuff? I'd be interested in repeating your project if successful.

Thanks!

ArizonaGT said:
Can you put together a source list along with part numbers for this stuff? I'd be interested in repeating your project if successful.

Thanks!

I still need to find caps for the intake and look for some way to make the PCV tubes in a 90 degree bend. For not I will attach them with hose clamps and that is why I did not get braded hose.

PTR08-0400 1 BREATHER CAN, -12 AN PORTS Matching price to Amazon 89.99

FBM2005 2 Male AN To Pipe Adapter;-06AN Dash; 3/8in. Dash; Aluminum; Blue Anodized; Bulk 1.95 3.90

FBM1515 2 AQP Socketless Fitting;-12AN Hose Size; Straight; Aluminum; Bulk 9.39 18.78

FBN1200 5 AQP Socketless Hose;-12AN Dash Size; 0.75in. I.D.; 1.03in. O.D.; 250 PSI; 7in. Min. Bend Radius; 18in. Per Ft; Black; 7.89 39.45

CIMG2554.png

Came in today, they sent one set of incorrect fitting

the FBM2005 2 Male AN To Pipe Adapter;-06AN Dash; 3/8in. Dash; Aluminum; Blue Anodized; Bulk 1.95 3.90

should have been FMB2055, something to do after this weekend's track day I guess.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel