The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Cobra Jet intake

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Nobody really knows for sure yet. American Muscle is installing and tuning one on one of their project cars, but I don't think they've published any actual results yet.

It is supposed to bump peak power to the 7750 RPM range, however, so you might also consider installing the CJ Competition Pulse Ring at the same time.

I don't really have any desire to rev it that high....Shifting at 7200-7400 is plenty for me.

I guess if I want more power I'll just put a Vortech on it.

I posted a link elsewhere with a quote from a Ford engineer who said they gained 25 HP. That was on an S and they have a different tune that revs higher. You'll need a tune to take advantage of it.

You need a TB too....Probably over a $2000 deal for 25hp...Almost a bad of a bang for the buck as exhaust....lol

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Semi related post:

Some guy on youtube responded to my 400hp at the wheels note I made, and he says "well my GT has 425hp at the wheels with a CAI, Boss Intake, and Bama tune"...well duh.

Also that engine is going to blow up soon.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel