The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Cobra Jet runs a 8.50 @ 160 MPH!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Check this out.

"The Cobra Jet is utilizing a supercharged 5.0 Coyote engine for motivation and automatic transmission to back it up. "

http://www.stangtv.com/news/holbrook-destroys-stock-eliminator-record-in-aaasa-runs-8-50/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=holbrook-destroys-stock-eliminator-record-in-aaasa-runs-8-50

Holbrook02.jpg
holbrook03-400x497.jpg

you can have one. those are class legal weight cars, they are 3200 pounds. Lighten your Boss 400 pounds, buy the hood, wheels and tires.

Swap in this Motor http://www.fordracingpartsdirect.com/2013_5_0L_TI_VCT_COBRA_JET_SUPERCHARGED_ENGINE_p/m-6000-scj13.htm
and a real transmission

And Voila, street legal 8 to 9 second Cobra Jet Street car. Oh and ask your banker for $40,000 or so for the mods.

And it has been done,
http://www.stangtv.com/news/street-legal-2011-mustang-cobra-jet-clone/
And i think he has done a lot more to it to make it more cobra jet like since then

Justin said:
I want one with a vin. lol

I'm with Justin. I want one with a VIN that performs like the real thing not just looks like it. Not knocking the gentleman that built the clone but I want the "haul ass" to go with the "looks bad ass".
Somewhere deep into the 8's will do. lol
Hell, Carl Tasca has been 7.70s in his car. Granted I don't think it's class legal but that's still hauling the mail on a little tire.

the class legal car runs 8.50's at 3200 lbs. not too tough to get your Boss down near that. You can buy the exact motor it runs and the transmission, so not too tough to go that fast. maybe not a safely but it can be done easily if you have the money and the stones for it.

And the motor is pretty much plug and play in your boss, just need the tune to go with it and you are there.

NewBossowner said:
the class legal car runs 8.50's at 3200 lbs. not too tough to get your Boss down near that. You can buy the exact motor it runs and the transmission, so not too tough to go that fast. maybe not a safely but it can be done easily if you have the money and the stones for it.

And the motor is pretty much plug and play in your boss, just need the tune to go with it and you are there.

It's not the stones or desire I'm short on. It's the $$ that is lacking. lol

BrianDeTienne said:
It's not the stones or desire I'm short on. It's the $$ that is lacking. lol

I think most of us are rowing that same boat. I don't have a spare $100k just laying around to build a street legal Cobra Jet to ambush camaro's and challengers with on track weekends

TMO Supporting Vendors