The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Cobras for a Cure

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hey guys,
I'm working on a charity decal for cancer research. hard to find a catchy -mustang related- phrase, but this is what I came up with (its just a rough draft). The bottom text can change if you have any ideas. just needs to have the word cancer in it. If anything comes to mind let me know. These will probably go to print sometime in March and I will post details on how to purchase them.

One quick thing I want to say, like Mr. Neary (RIP), I was diagnosed with renal cell carcinoma last October, but fortunately it was contained and the kidney removed. If EVER you experience ANY kind of unusual discoloration in your urine, please go directly to an ER for imaging. This disease is a silent killer - although rare. It grows only .5cm per year and I was living with it for 5 years or more. It has no real symptoms except the one that I discovered it from - which is by chance. So please act if you notice any discoloration. It's the only way to catch it early.

Also, because of friends I met at the track, one of them is a cancer surgeon at NIH and referred me to a genetic study there for free where the top doctors/researchers in the world for this disease reside. Some genes can cause this cancer. Anyway, this is why our sport is so special and the relationships we make, could one day save our lives. Always be nice and foster connections with folks.

cobras.png

Thanks.

Still debating colors. one thought was black, white and pink.
I also thought one in Chrome might be cool. but I want it to stand out on any body color.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
I also thought one in Chrome might be cool. but I want it to stand out on any body color.
[/quote]

Chrome should stand out!! Regardless what color you go with, it will blend with some colors. Chrome will work as the color for the snake. Other colors around should accent the chrome.

Good luck with the project.

Will the stickers be sold and finds go to charity?? When? How much?

TMSBOSS said:

Chrome should stand out!! Regardless what color you go with, it will blend with some colors. Chrome will work as the color for the snake. Other colors around should accent the chrome.

Good luck with the project.

Will the stickers be sold and finds go to charity?? When? How much?

That's a good idea about keeping snake chrome and maybe pink and black elsewhere. Not sure price yet. I will sell them at the track and through clubs. All proceeds to charity. Not sure which yet.

NFSBOSS said:
I like it. I'm glad to hear you're doing well and good luck with this project.
Thanks!

Brandon302 said:
Just looking up synonyms I wonder if you could make it more broad and do Pony's for a panacea or the panacea.

Cool. Thanks for the help. Let me see if that fits or think about similar wordings. I could easily make various ones for different groups. It's hard to find a catch phrase that isn't out there already. Or maybe something like 'Bosses to Beat Cancer" etc. Maybe I'll work one up on that angle and use a boss car or logo in the middle.

DG#56 said:
Cool. Thanks for the help. Let me see if that fits or think about similar wordings. I could easily make various ones for different groups. It's hard to find a catch phrase that isn't out there already. Or maybe something like 'Bosses to Beat Cancer" etc. Maybe I'll work one up on that angle and use a boss car or logo in the middle.

That would be cool also.

TMO Supporting Vendors