The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Coil Covers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

5 DOT 0 said:
cobra said:
Are the coil covers easy to take off.
Yes. Remove the vent tube on either side and the pull right off. Very easy. Are you going to do something like this?

P1020961.jpg

5 DOT 0, did you use vinyl or paint to enhance the lettering? Looks very clean. I would like to do this as well.

The lines are vinyl and the lettering is painted.

If Ford or someone offered a cover with BOSS 302 on it I would get them
I know this is old, but do you have them yet? I do custom powder coating for a living and just did this set for a customer in Calif. to match everything else on his 61 Mercury Monterey Convertible. I've coated just about everything on the car in this Candy Blue Metallic. He recently pulled the tri power Merc motor and swapped in the Coyote. They were originally in Ford Racing Wrinkle Blue. I can do any logos on your covers in any color combo.

boss302.jpg20180516_175346.jpg

Did interest in these covers here die 6 years ago? After doing these covers I was doing some research on the covers and ended up here. I previously did some Mercury Lightning Bolt valve cover for the other motor. His intake had the breather and oil fill holes, so the ones in the valve covers were no longer needed. So he had me weld up the holes and coat them in the silver with the candy blue, the raised name and bolt remained silver like these current ones. So he had the only set of non holed lightning bolt covers in the world. I mentioned that they looked odd because the logo was offset on the top of the cover due to the fill holes. He asked if I could move the logo over and I replied "How deep are your pockets?" They are deep, so he now has a set of centered Mercury Lightning Bolt valve covers. And they have now been retired.

Mine are all done in a durable powder coat, no vinyl. I can do any color or texture including the Ford Racing Wrinkle Blue, Wrinkle Black, Crinkle Black, Textured Black, etc.

TMO Supporting Vendors