The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Coilovers for GT350?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

In the V6L
Bringing this back up. Super helpful, thank you.

Do you know what the appropriate resistor would be for the ride height sensors?

Edit: Looks like the ride height sensors are fed a 5v ref signal. I'm gonna guess static ride height is around 2.5v (found this on a Camaro forum) so a voltage divider circuit would get me to 2.5v. If you've got any idea if I'm on the right track it would be much appreciated.
A pair of 1k resistors would give a 2.5 volt signal with the 5 volt reference. That said, my read of the service manual is that if the signal from the height sensors doesn't change when the vehicle is moving, the VDM will detect that as an error and throw codes, etc. So, a simple voltage divider may not work as intended. I don't know for sure, so it might be worth a try, but don't be surprised if the VDM disapproves and locks out driving mode changes.

A pair of 1k resistors would give a 2.5 volt signal with the 5 volt reference. That said, my read of the service manual is that if the signal from the height sensors doesn't change when the vehicle is moving, the VDM will detect that as an error and throw codes, etc. So, a simple voltage divider may not work as intended. I don't know for sure, so it might be worth a try, but don't be surprised if the VDM disapproves and locks out driving mode changes.
Thanks for the reply.

So do you suspect that the sensor deletes from the likes of Xineering have a basic microprocessor in them to generate a varied return signal?

My goal is to just trick the system enough to remove the 80mph speed limit I have now. I don't use the drive modes, just turn advancetrac off all the way.

In the V6L
Thanks for the reply.

So do you suspect that the sensor deletes from the likes of Xineering have a basic microprocessor in them to generate a varied return signal?

My goal is to just trick the system enough to remove the 80mph speed limit I have now. I don't use the drive modes, just turn advancetrac off all the way.
I really don't know how it works, but there's a lot of traffic on the CAN bus that might allow a "delete box" to fool the sensor inputs. That said, why not just hook up the sensors? If the VDM is happy, everything is happy. Simple and likely effective.

I really don't know how it works, but there's a lot of traffic on the CAN bus that might allow a "delete box" to fool the sensor inputs. That said, why not just hook up the sensors? If the VDM is happy, everything is happy. Simple and likely effective.

Thanks. I’m not able to hook up the sensors as I don’t have them.

TMO Supporting Vendors