The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

coilovers or springs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I want to lower my car a good amount and was wondering if you guys would recommend eibach coilovers or the eibach sportline springs. I know the coilovers are about 1000 dollars more but are these worth it in the long run? These are the coilovers http://www.americanmuscle.com/eibach-prostreet-coilover-1112.html

Do you just want to lower it or are you going to track your car? If it will never see a road course just use lowering springs.

jfolsom28 said:
I want to lower my car a good amount and was wondering if you guys would recommend eibach coilovers or the eibach sportline springs. I know the coilovers are about 1000 dollars more but are these worth it in the long run? These are the coilovers http://www.americanmuscle.com/eibach-prostreet-coilover-1112.html

Even if it was going to see the track, I wouldn't put those coilovers on anyway. Street car = springs.

I lowered my coilovers till I liked how it looked just for kicks and I ended up getting tire rub. Springs are gonna be just plain easier to deal with while also looking good.

NFSBOSS said:
Do you just want to lower it or are you going to track your car? If it will never see a road course just use lowering springs.
yes it will see track time on the drag strip and also road atlanta in the summer. my main concern with the coilovers is if they will make the handle better or worse from the OEM parts.

TMO Supporting Vendors