The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Cold Air Intake question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fyi for CAI
Cai Works well with tune. Meaning it adds additional power vs tune only.
In my case 22whp.
CAI. Works great at the track with lots of air moving.
Cai makes not sense for the "warriors at the crooslight" :)

Quick update.

Changed brakes lines to Goodridge and flashed brake fluid with Motul RBF 600. Pedal feel was back to normal but I didn't like brakes, pulled out front pads and they were completely glazed. For now some sanding (with palm sander) brought HPS back to be useful, but I am not letting her back on track with HPS ;).

We've decided to go with PowerStop dedicated track/Z26 setup for number of different reasons including noise and cost. Waiting for shipment of new rotors and track pads.

Would have to miss Laguna on 14th, but should make to Willow Streets on 20th.

Vadim

PS: and yes, I am putting separate clutch reservoir...

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel