The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Collector Vehicle?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BLAZN BOSS

It's because the website is behind..........it only goes up to 2011.......

Back last September, before my Boss arrived, I was speaking with a chick at Hagerty Collector car Insurance, updating the insurance on my '73 Mach 1, and I mentioned that I had a new 2012 Boss on order. She told me "We are insuring the Boss. It is going to be very collectable."
That was great news, as I got it insured for full price paid, including sales tax, with no depreciation and no deductible, for about $400 less per year than I was going to have to pay adding it in with my regular auto policy through Farm Bureau Insurance.

Jeff

Insurance is not too bad on these anyways, my total insurance bill only went up like $600 after the multicar discount it gave me. With maxed coverage. When I got a quote on a GT500, it was twice that. It may go up though as people start crashing them.

CaliMR said:
Insurance is not too bad on these anyways, my total insurance bill only went up like $600 after the multicar discount it gave me. With maxed coverage. When I got a quote on a GT500, it was twice that. It may go up though as people start crashing them.

You're right the Insurance surprised me, it stayed the same for the Boss as my '08 Bullitt.

The Bullitt is listed as a "Ford Mustang GT" and the Boss is listed as a "Ford Mustang Bo", the "Bo" must have threw them off?!

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
They will probably catch up with you at some point :mad:

When I had my '09 Audi TTS it took the insurance company a while to figure out that it's not a TT and even though it's still a 4 banger the HP output was quite different (especuially after all the tuning mods ;D).

I know my insurance guy pretty well, I pointed out it was not a GT. He said when he entered the vin in the computer it said it was a Boss, he knew what they were and that is the right price. My 06 Evo and 02 X5 were both twice what I am paying now for the Boss. I don't know exactly how insurance law works, but I think they are not allowed to jack the price up until there is actual history of them being crashed. So it will probably go up as people start crashing them. The Evo's price to insurance rate was pretty horrible because they were crashed so often.

302BOB said:
Everybody take it easy driving those Bosses!!!!..........I don't want my insurance going up any more than it is now!!!!
I'll 2nd that, going to the Boss Attack at Miller Motorsports should help with people's abilities to control the Boss!

I have had mine since Dec. and my insurance has already adjusted it up once. I suggest everybody just keep thier car in the garage. Except me of course.

Boomerstoys

Keep the shiny side up & the rubber side down!
302Bob, like you I only drive mine to church however, my places of worship are: Pacific Raceways, Portland Int'l Raceway, Oregon Raceway Park, Spokane, Thunderhill, Laguna, and a new one The Ridge. ;D

Hope to add a couple more this year. Think I should get a discount for being so devout?

Cheers!

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
Boomerstoys said:
302Bob, like you I only drive mine to church however, my places of worship are: Pacific Raceways, Portland Int'l Raceway, Oregon Raceway Park, Spokane, Thunderhill, Laguna, and a new one The Ridge. ;D

Hope to add a couple more this year. Think I should get a discount for being so devout?

Cheers!

Ah yes, but the donations are killing me ! ;D

TMO Supporting Vendors